Nse halt for around 15 minutues (5th sept 2013)... Heavy loss

Anillal

I do not agree with this point. How do you know that a freaky trade is going to happen?

If the person has been able to make profit or loss on all days with 3 SBIN lots, how can he decide whether he should go with 60 SBI shares, and that too fearing that any day a freaky trade is bound to happen!!! Kindly enlighten!
Read the post again please. I said it is a good time-tested habit to enter the trade with light positions initially. So there is no question of deciding this or that way. It is a matter of habit. Like even during peace time sorties a fighter pilot habitually checks his parachute and go through other life saving procedures thoroughly before every takeoff. Even though he is aware that a modern 50 million fighter jet has almost negligible chances of falling down from the sky in some kind of freak accident. So success in trading like any other endevour in life is all based on the collection of effective habits. However if someone feels comfortabe entering with postions 3 times more than he can afford, so be it. Each to his own. :)

TheDreamer

This is one reason why you should not use stop loss ... Think a lot before you enter into a position ....

RSI is already high indicating overbought markets ... Downside is not surprising me ... We may see trend reversal soon ... Possibly after Infy results this coming friday.

Cheers!
'Trading without stop-loss' is like 'Driving without brakes'... :D

I think a lot before entering a trade but still lose at least 30-35% of the time... :rofl:

I made a loss of 10000 today as I was long and nf fell and in panic I squared off my position.
This happened to me 2nd time, first was son 20th April when nf made a low of 5000 and that day too I was long and squared off my position in a hurry.

So lesson learned now is not to panic and it is better to have a physical stop loss than mental stop to avoid huge losses.

One more thing when nf made a low of 5000 on 20th april after that market started drifting down and made a low of 4767
So just hoping that history repeats itself and market drifts lower and my loss is recovered, my expected target is now 5600
I can very well understand the position that you were in yesterday... :console:

On 20th April, Infy made a low of 1950 in futures (another freak trade)...

Few days earlier, Minifty traded below the lower limit of the day (proved that impossible events do happen in Indian stock markets... :rofl::rofl::rofl:
BTW, you won't find that MNF trade in historical figures as NSE corrected it for their own safety... :D)

... ... ...

If one's account can afford to enter a trade with 3 SBIN lots comfortably in one go then enter with maximum 60 SBI shares instead. You can always add later.
... ... ...
very amateurish way of explaining stuffs... there is something called position sizing which you might not be aware of...

SEBI not able to control such frauds,Such incidents Discourage Retail Investors. Sorry state of market in India...

give penalty to sebi and nse. Else all investors will loose their faith
Though these sorts of things are not unusual in stock markets, it should be prevented. In May 2010, S&P futures had a huge flash crash. :D

SEBI is a watchdog & can't be punished for the faults of NSE. But NSE should be punished as these incidents are happening quite frequently nowadays. I can remember that we have seen these bizarre things happening in NSE for the 5th time this year. Moreover trading in NSE stopped for the 2nd or 3rd time this year during a normal day. :mad: