Nse halt for around 15 minutues (5th sept 2013)... Heavy loss

soft_trader

Hi,

today nse CASH market halt for 15 minutes... My stoploss hit badly for many scrips (stoploss price not worked)... Heavy loss.. Why happened this...

There is no safety for stock market....

Pls tell

thanks
Are you forecasting any freak trade on 5/9/2013??? :confused:

Raju

Ya ..there was some error with NSE as I changed ISP but equity quotes were not getting updated and futures were getting updated...

manojborle

Did any future traders suffered losses, did any risk management method worked ?

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/pNn...inimize-losses.html?google_editors_picks=true
I made a loss of 10000 today as I was long and nf fell and in panic I squared off my position.
This happened to me 2nd time, first was son 20th April when nf made a low of 5000 and that day too I was long and squared off my position in a hurry.

So lesson learned now is not to panic and it is better to have a physical stop loss than mental stop to avoid huge losses.

One more thing when nf made a low of 5000 on 20th april after that market started drifting down and made a low of 4767
So just hoping that history repeats itself and market drifts lower and my loss is recovered, my expected target is now 5600

Hi,

today nse CASH market halt for 15 minutes... My stoploss hit badly for many scrips (stoploss price not worked)... Heavy loss.. Why happened this...

There is no safety for stock market....

Pls tell

thanks
This is one reason why you should not use stop loss ... Think a lot before you enter into a position ....

RSI is already high indicating overbought markets ... Downside is not surprising me ... We may see trend reversal soon ... Possibly after Infy results this coming friday.

Cheers!

can some one put record of earlier freak trade on nifty as far as i rememember there was freak trade on nifty futures in april and it hits 5000 and there was some error in second instance in which reliance and icici bank .. if any one know more post it.