NSE DataExtractor for FCharts

Hi there

I am using this SW and its working gr8. But I am unable to download the EOD data for 09-May-2006. I get the message "file doesnt exists".... But the bhav copy of the same date is present on nse site.... Dont know why????????

Is this problem faced by any other user? Please provide me the formatted (Converted) txt file.

Also, till 8-may-2006 it worked fine...

have a nice day
JB

murthymsr

hi gandhi,

i agree with your observations, though it is a rare case - will give wrong results while doing Technical Analisys/ programming/ data analisys. actually, in NSE terminology, stock symbol is NOT unique (!), but stock symbol + series (EQ, SE etc) is unique! I came across this problem some time back & struggled a lot to identify the problem.

to overcome the problem, in a simpler way, i delete all series except "EQ" as that would serve my purpose. but if you are interested in all series, you may use symbol+series as the unique identifier.

satya/pankaj may think of an alternative to overcome this problem in the downloaders.

converting only "EQ" series and deleting all other series is the simplest.

option to select the series is the next best ("EQ" & "BE" will do). users will select the series and process twice. default is "EQ"

and third one is (i prefer this): - delete all except "EQ" & "BE" series. if a symbol is there in both "EQ" & "BE" , delete the record with the "BE" series. by this we will get all the "EQ" series and most of the "BE" series.

hope i am clear.

murthymsr

lvgandhi said:
Dear Satya,
I was uploading loading data obtained from extractor in mysql database. I was having problem of duplicate records. with ref to symbol and date. After analysing I found that if data is extracted for all symbols irrespective of series, ie EQ, E1, P1, BE etc, for same date and symbol there will be more than one price data. This will give errors in data bases and also curves may be different. I suggest that data extractor should save data only for EQ series.

Last edited:

pkjha30

murthymsr said:
hi gandhi,

satya/pankaj may think of an alternative to overcome this problem in the downloaders.

murthymsr
Hi Murthy

Earlier satya was giving option for EQ and BE series. Later it was dropped as it might have resulted in confusion.
What I am doing is also to follow satya's logic and do not select EQ or BE. If duplicate records are there(same symbols) then records will be written in the same file and there will be dulicate records. It can be removed using duplicate removal function provided in drop down menu as well as right click option. You will have the option to remove from one or all files. I have tested and it does not result in data loss. This aspect may be verified by those who are graceously testing my version.If any problem is reported I will attend to that.:)

I am replying here because a reference was made here. I hope satya would not mind.

first of all sorry that I shouldn't keep quite for so long on this issue. I was quite busy coding the Yahoo Real Time Extractor (YRtEx nice name :) ). I am done with it almost 70-80%. Only converting it into 5 min BARS is left out.

I will take another occasion to explain the benefits of my new application YRtEx to all of you. (this will be sharware :) ) hope u will all pay me :D ).

coming to Gandhi's query. Yes, prior to 2003 we had duplicate records EQ and BE for some scrips in the NSE BhavCopy.

Even I faced this problem with lost of scrips in my database and had to res-start from the begining.

My Data Extractor 2.0 is quite intellingent (I Believe So :D). If it encounters a duplicate scrip, it will prefer EQ over BE and BE over EQ.

Hope, this solves all the doubts. I am ready to Upgrade DE 2.0 with lots of features(what all of u feel, if i make it shareware, with 1 time fee?). Just to cover my costs....

Satya

Hello Satya,
U need to makea small modification---in ur data extractor----9th may data could not be loaded---
After going through a bit---a found---u upload as d-mmm-yyyy which has to be now changed to dd-mmm-yyyy from 9th may onwards---
otherwise I think---in future ---there may be error in dnloading scrips from 1--9 of the mth---I may be wrong too---Do chk a bit plz---
Regards,
joy_mitali

lvgandhi

I have used DE for mass downloading only where I faced this problem. For day to day work, I use my bash script to download and update my csv datafile. with my daily csv, I update all database. here I have only EQ series.

lvgandhi

Dear Satya,
I have used your Sw for downloading data for 2004, 2005 and 2006 only. It had duplicates. As I said in my previous mail, I have done extraction of data from csv file for EQ series only. This gave unique records.