NSE DataExtractor for FCharts

Hi Satya,

I have been using Data Extractor for the last 2 months and it was doing great but since last 4 days its behaving naughty.

earlier the date format mm/dd/yyyy ws working properly but not anymore. till friday I changed the format manually to dd/mm/yyyy but today even that is not working.

Today I changed it to 06/02/2006 and the dispaly even saw "http://www.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2006/FEB/cm6FEB2006bhav.csv" saying "data extracted from the nse site" but it was not saved in my specified folder.

Please help.

Regards,
Sanjoy

sanjoy_roy said:
Hi Satya,

I have been using Data Extractor for the last 2 months and it was doing great but since last 4 days its behaving naughty.

earlier the date format mm/dd/yyyy ws working properly but not anymore. till friday I changed the format manually to dd/mm/yyyy but today even that is not working.

Today I changed it to 06/02/2006 and the dispaly even saw "http://www.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2006/FEB/cm6FEB2006bhav.csv" saying "data extracted from the nse site" but it was not saved in my specified folder.

Please help.

Regards,
Sanjoy

which version you are using? if you have XP may be it could be a firewall problem.

add it in firewall exceptions.

if it is not ver 2.0, then go below the post to find the link for the latest version.
Satya

Hello Satya,
I need a bit of ur helf---I m facing a strange problem---I have written a small function---which --I m finding no logical error----yet the result is showing strange error in the output ---Its urgent--very urgent-----waiting for ur reply---will be mailing u about it----
Regards,
joy_mitali

joy_mitali said:
Hello Satya,
I need a bit of ur helf---I m facing a strange problem---I have written a small function---which --I m finding no logical error----yet the result is showing strange error in the output ---Its urgent--very urgent-----waiting for ur reply---will be mailing u about it----
Regards,
joy_mitali

ok dude........ sure...

pkjha30

sanjoy_roy said:
Hi Satya,

Please help.

Regards,
Sanjoy
Hi Sanjoy

Windows store date in Locale aware format. If you change the format manually strange things may happen inside the program. You see the dates you are entering in the text boxes are in string(text) format. It is manipulated to get file names and you need to convert it to date or string formats and vice-versa. So if no output error is coming then your file might be sored as cm2JUN2006.bhav instead of cm6FEB2006.bhav as you desire.
First remedy is not to change the format of date and keep it mm/dd/yyyy which is the American Standard. Secondly, program needs to be made internationally date aware. Slightly more work for satya.:)
regards
pankaj

pkjha30 said:
Hi Sanjoy

Windows store date in Locale aware format. If you change the format manually strange things may happen inside the program. You see the dates you are entering in the text boxes are in string(text) format. It is manipulated to get file names and you need to convert it to date or string formats and vice-versa. So if no output error is coming then your file might be sored as cm2JUN2006.bhav instead of cm6FEB2006.bhav as you desire.
First remedy is not to change the format of date and keep it mm/dd/yyyy which is the American Standard. Secondly, program needs to be made internationally date aware. Slightly more work for satya.:)
regards
pankaj
I am already thinking on this...

Satya

pkjha30

srisara said:
I am already thinking on this...

Satya
Hi satya
This is a common problem while takin date as inpu in a text box. One may not have much control on what is entered in the box and in what order. locale problem causes much grief in programming just as unimess problem.
I think if you provide three textboxes/listboxes for each field of date inputs (i.e. dFromDate and dToDate) and pass through validate routine including leap year(28/29 and 30/31 for other months) the problem will be solved.In list box you can provide for todays date as default through a routine.

regards
Pankaj