NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi yusi,

i am using old version of Now to Ami, its working good and thatks a lot for the utility and your efforts. how ever its cumbersome to back fill data one by one manually with backfill xls. i request to send me the latest version of your Now to Ami. my mail add is thanks a lot again.

The key question that one has to answer is: if there is a snapshot quote with a time stamp of 09:20, should the quote be included in the first M5 bar or the second? If handled in the first bar, it would be the close price of the bar; if the second, it would be the open price of the next bar. A similar consideration would apply to the volume value of that quote. I am fairly certain that different graphing software would handle this differently by default, and their settings would have to be adjusted to meet your decision. Certain data providers, investbulls comes to mind, timestamp their M1 data as 09:15:59, 09:16:59, etc., and as you mentioned it caters well to Ami's default handling of time-stamps.

In my view, with a market start time of 09:15, the first M1 quote covers the range > 09:15 to <= 9:16, and the first M5 quote covers > 09:15 to <= 09:20. It would be more definitive, if you could hand-craft some data, and check how Ami handles the display under various configuration settings and display intervals.

Your suggestion to optionally feed Ami with pure snapshot data, without aggregating as M1, is excellent. However, you should reconfirm that it would not cause problems when merged with backfill data that is only available as M1 from the NOW/Nest source. Also, unless you are using constant volume bars or 89 tick charts (the term tick being very misued), I would love to hear the reason behind your need/preference.

Last edited:
hi yusi,

i apreciate your efforts for Now2Ami, i am using your old version of Now2Ami having manual back fill facility. i request send me the link for Now2Ami version with auto back fill facility. my mail add is [email protected].

thanks
Please do not bother. With your inclination to MT4/5 and server based paid data feeds from firstcharting, you should not waste your time with such terminal based data feeds that you have pooh poohed earlier.

yusi

hi yusi,

i am using old version of Now to Ami, its working good and thatks a lot for the utility and your efforts. how ever its cumbersome to back fill data one by one manually with backfill xls. i request to send me the latest version of your Now to Ami. my mail add is thanks a lot again.
Mr Patel, I believe that I have not sent Now2Ami to you. You are factually incorrect about the backfill. You are randomly quoting text.

Either you are lost, or indulging in nautanki.

yusi

Now2Ami ver 0.8 update

Now2Ami (NOW terminal to AmiBroker) has been stagnant at version 0.7 for a long time. It has now been updated to 0.8 with features that already exist in Nest2Ami (Nest / Zerodha Trader to Ami):

1. Addition of Nest Plus backfill (earlier had only internal backfill).
2. "Tick", or rather snapshot, data to Ami (earlier always aggregated to M1). Tick backfill is, of course, not available; backfill is always 1 minute data.

Additionally, capture of 3 user specified columns is also available. For example, you may want to capture Open Interest, ATP, TBQ / TSQ, or any of the columns specific to options. This excludes user-specified columns, and these columns are not backfillable. Both the utilities have been updated to include this feature. This was suggested by Ambarish.

Requests only by PM (preferable) or email.

Those who post their requests here will be ignored. Keep the thread for discussions, not for requests for the utility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.