NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Re: Now2Ami and Nest2Ami new versions

Both NOW to AmiBroker, and Nest to Ami have an updated version.

One shortcoming so far was that when backfilling, capture would have to be stopped. This caused a gap in data when done during market hours. In the new versions, both capture and backfill can happen simultaneously.
thats great..........:clap:, how to update it ?

Last edited:

rmike

The new version is a nice and welcome improvement:clapping:

In my case the updation took place without a hitch. Didn't have to uninstall the old one. The requisite files were updated automatically with the update install.

Thanks to Yusi for his usual excellent posts!

I have a problem, which I also shared elsewhere in this site, for you to comment on.

I have a plugin (running under GDFL/NEST/AMI combine) which was doing semi auto about a week back. But now no order is placed to the API directly for the user to PLACE trade. I have to click the buy/sell manual button and then open the API to double click to place order. Previously manual buttons would place trades.

Where could the problem lie?

yusi

I have a problem, which I also shared elsewhere in this site, for you to comment on.

I have a plugin (running under GDFL/NEST/AMI combine) which was doing semi auto about a week back. But now no order is placed to the API directly for the user to PLACE trade. I have to click the buy/sell manual button and then open the API to double click to place order. Previously manual buttons would place trades.

Where could the problem lie?
Sandip,

Your problem description does not provide an appropriate picture to comment. Specifically: "But now no order is placed to the API directly for the user to PLACE trade. I have to click the buy/sell manual button and then open the API to double click to place order. Previously manual buttons would place trades." Maybe you are talking about GDFL specifics that I am not familiar with.

I'd suggest you try the 3/4 line AFL given in this post and report the result.

Thanks, Yusi!

I am not at all savvy to try an afl. But I will make amends by providing you a description of the steps.

In AMI, I drag and drop the custom plugin ("sandip") and then the gdfl plugin. I right click Parameters and edit the values like whether "sample strategy" is preferred (=NO) and "auto should be started" (=YES), client id, etc etc.. This was previously enough to start the semi trade by clicking the BUY/SELL button on the right corner as the signal arrows appeared. These steps are also enough to run the gdfl formula in semi without using my plugin at all.

I don't know if it answers your query but am ready to supplement.

yusi

I am not at all savvy to try an afl. But I will make amends by providing you a description of the steps.

In AMI, I drag and drop the custom plugin ("sandip") and then the gdfl plugin. I right click Parameters and edit the values like whether "sample strategy" is preferred (=NO) and "auto should be started" (=YES), client id, etc etc.. This was previously enough to start the semi trade by clicking the BUY/SELL button on the right corner as the signal arrows appeared. These steps are also enough to run the gdfl formula in semi without using my plugin at all.

I don't know if it answers your query but am ready to supplement.
Firstly, the easiest way out would be to seek support from GDFL.

Second, the point of decision is to determine where the chain of action is getting broken: 1) GDFL AFL to GDFL Plugin, 2) GDFL Plugin to Nest, 3) Nest passthru to Plus API, 4) N+ API to Nest Buy/Sell Order action. The suggested 3 line AFL would have tested the chain at points 3 & 4 (and some underlying aspect of 2).

Third, something has changed, and most likely at your end. If you cannot pinpoint it yourself, reinstall everything that GDFL has provided, and try again.

Lastly, it would be appreciated if you can take this discussion to another more appropriate thread; either the GDFL thread or the auto trading section.

Status
Not open for further replies.