• Want to give it a try

Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

sudris

y move to other technology for no reason ? if there are no advantages i fail to understand the reasons to move to other technology ...
you can try a googling to know the benefits and drawbacks.

for your information, if you are having particularly now/nest as your terminal, then as a matter of fact, you are exploiting RTD to drive quotes from terminal to excel and then pushing them to amibroker via DDE from excel.
unknowingly, you might be using RTD in parallel to DDE ;)

absolute.zero

I am using Zerodha Trader (Nest Trader), and I will purchase Amibroker within 2-3 days.
Please suggest me some simple utility to fetch data from Nest Trader for feeding to Amibroker.

Dear Sudris,

Please repost NOWRT2AB Version 3.0. I am getting the below mentioned error. I tried both the links provided by you
"The file link that you requested is not valid. "

Many Thanks

Last edited:

sudris

I am using Zerodha Trader (Nest Trader), and I will purchase Amibroker within 2-3 days.
Please suggest me some simple utility to fetch data from Nest Trader for feeding to Amibroker.
Dear Sudris,

Please repost NOWRT2AB Version 3.0. I am getting the below mentioned error. I tried both the links provided by you
"The file link that you requested is not valid. "

Many Thanks
Both of you have a look at post#399 once again for download link and instructions.

the issue with the download link has been fixed.

sr114

y move to other technology for no reason ? if there are no advantages i fail to understand the reasons to move to other technology ...
for ur perusal:

What is Wrong With Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) for Real-Time Data?

DDE has often been used to try to implement real-time data in Excel, but it has several limitations. Here are some of them:
DDE has a different function format from standard Excel functions.
DDE can't use cell references in a function; everything must be hard coded.
DDE gets confused when things are happening in Excel (for example, a calculation is taking place, a dialog box needs to be handled, and so on).
DDE wasn't designed for getting asynchronous data in Excel in a robust and high-performance way.
link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa140060(v=office.10).aspx

regards
sr

Vertigo_1985

How much is plugin time and total data access time for others using this utility?
Mine is :-
Total data access time = 48 ms ( average)
Plugin time per symbol= 16.4 ms (average)

You can check it by hovering your mouse on the right side of connection staus (performance tab).