Nifty Future 5min Ambush Style-Live

ag_fx

Alright..Welcome Traders.

We are here to trade and learn Saint Sir's Ambush Style of trade. The rules of the game are very simple and clear cut. Here are a few of them:

1) This is an intraday strategy. We will use 5 min charts of Nifty Future for the same.
2) The classic Pivot Break method will be used to enter the trades. Break of PL and PH along with the filter will make us enter the position
3) This is a SAR method. We will always be in a position, either long or short.
4) The filter used will be 5-7 points.
5) The starting capital is 2 Lakhs.
6) Targets : Daily: 3K(3000), Weekly: 10K(10,000) & Monthly 40K(40,000)
7) As Saint Sir once said: We may or may not reach these targets. But this is not something on which we will judge ourselves. We will be happier following our rules and discipline. If we can follow the sytem to the core on all trading days, that will be real success. The money will follow.
8) ADDs will be used in this strategy. We will ADD only to winning positions. We will initiate positions according to the SL and proper money management. Generally we will open with 2 lots and Add 1 lot at a time. With the capital, no more 2 Adds will be possible.
9) T/P wil generally be using patterns/pivots/resistance/support zones. This is something which cant be laid down in the rule book and is subjective to one's own perception of trading.
10) We will also take the help of Higher TFs for profit booking. 60m,30m & 15m for better understanding the TPs. Miniflow and 60 min flow can also help us keep away from false trades at times.

These are all the rules that I can think of right now. Do post if anything else is to be added/deleted from this post.

Happy Trading

PS: The miniflow traders are requested to give in their feedback to the system. As I havent practiced it in Live, I may not be able to do justice to it.

Last edited:

ag_fx

ankit
do provide the rule book for this method
suggestions
1. pivot
2. patterns basically triangle/flags/BO/BD
3.Filters between 7-14 wrkng fine

oooopss vl delete the posts
Frankly, I dont have any rules of my own for this method. i simply follow the Saint's rule :)

I am not even sure if I know all the rules and thus am still in learning stages of this method. Why dont we keep updating the rules as we go ahead.
Meanwhile, I will surely post some basic rules. In case you also can direct to some important links, it would be useful.

Happy Trading

Rajadhiraj

Frankly, I dont have any rules of my own for this method. i simply follow the Saint's rule :)

I am not even sure if I know all the rules and thus am still in learning stages of this method. Why dont we keep updating the rules as we go ahead.
Meanwhile, I will surely post some basic rules. In case you also can direct to some important links, it would be useful.

Happy Trading
Hello Ankit

Can it be done in stages.

Stage I
  • Trade all the price swings on 5 Minute TF, just trying to keep on the right side of mini Flow method
Stage II
  • Try to identify and keep out of sideways moves, and continuation patterns like flags etc to stay with the trend (less trades, fewer wipsaws, hold longer)
Stage III
  • Using all the patterns and other higher TF clues, as being done at TS

Are we going to monitor this method with nifty future live from monday?

Last edited:

ag_fx

Hello Ankit

Can it be done in stages.

Stage I
  • Trade all the price swings on 5 Minute TF, just trying to keep on the right side of mini Flow method
Stage II
  • Try to identify and keep out of sideways moves, and continuation patterns like flags etc to stay with the trend (less trades, fewer wipsaws, hold longer)
Stage III
  • Using all the patterns and other higher TF clues, as being done at TS

Are we going to monitor this method with nifty future live from monday?
I think you have very well summed the entire thing. I havent been able to find relevant posts for Pivots, Flags, BO etc.

Lets start practicing this on Live from Monday. As and when we will come accross all the above mentioned points, we will collectively post charts and then I would update the first post to point to relevant posts for learning purposes.

I am in for Live Trading from Monday.
Hope to see you guys around.

PS: Updating first post for some rules. Do take a look at them before we start Live.

dhinakar113

Hi Ankit,

Congrates for your nice thread. Wish you all the Best. I will be closley following and will try to trade in minifty also.

Regds