Nifty and Indian stocks

devadas

DISCLAIMER: These notes/comments have been prepared solely to educate those who are interested in the useful application of Technical Analysis. While due care has been taken in preparing these notes/comments, no responsibility can be or is assumed for any consequences resulting out of acting on them.Trading in Stocks/Commodities/Futures Carry Risk.

NIFTY FUTURES (5860.45 ) + 10.45 5875.9

Nifty Futures exactly touched my target of 5950 and reversed.Nifty futures is making a bullish flag and volumes are also low on flag formation.A break above 5955 with volumes will lead to further upmove.A close below 5706 will be a first warning sign for the bull move.

On the Weekly Chart Nifty needs to cross the right shoulder and close above it i.e 6107.25 to negate the Reversal shoulder head shoulder pattern.

devadas

DISCLAIMER: These notes/comments have been prepared solely to educate those who are interested in the useful application of Technical Analysis. While due care has been taken in preparing these notes/comments, no responsibility can be or is assumed for any consequences resulting out of acting on them.Trading in Stocks/Commodities/Futures Carry Risk.

NIFTY FUTURES (5880.5) – 18.25 5862.25

Nifty Futures has made a NR7 and Inside day.Aggressive traders can buy above 5889 (5821 stop) or sell below 5821 ( 5889 stop) .Cautious traders can wait for Nifty to close above 5990 with volumes to go long.

BANK NIFTY FUTURES ( 10388.7) – 56.75 10331.95

Bank NIfty futures has also made a NR7 and Inside day.Go long above 10358 ( stop 10241) and short below 10241 ( stop 10358).

devadas

NEXT VIEW AFTER FED MEETING
]NIFTY FUTURES (5880.50) + 50.95 5931.45

Though I would not like to take a stand today before the FED meeting, I am writing this blog to show that a trader can master a handful of low risk setups and trade them.Yesterday I had shown a NR7 day and stop was near.The Nifty moved up by 56 points from breakout level.

BANKNIFTY FUTURES (10331.95) + 167.65 10499.60

devadas

NIFTY AND BANK NIFTY MARCH AS PREDICTED

NIFTY FUTURES 6145.75 + 214.30 (5931.45)

I had predicted that NIFTY Futures is forming a flag ( See the Post on September 15) and any breakout therefrom will lead to an upmove.Nifty did exactly that today.And the upward breakout was with volumes opening target of 6500.

BANKNIFTY FUTURES 11214.1 + 714.50 (10499.60)

BANK Nifty Futures has also broken out of the Flag formation and a target of 11900 aprox is open.I had predicted the target of 10900 on September 10 and September 12 ( see posts) .

Last edited:

ryan4ucar

I had predicted that NIFTY Futures is forming a flag ( See the Post on September 15) and any breakout therefrom will lead to an upmove.Nifty did exactly that today.And the upward breakout was with volumes opening target of 6500.

BANK Nifty Futures has also broken out of the Flag formation and a target of 11900 aprox is open.I had predicted the target of 10900 on September 10 and September 12 ( see posts) .

Predition is free therefore everyone can do it , if the fed had come up with something else and the nifty had gone down 3% there would not have been a i told u so in bold red letters :) ... anyways my point is when there is big news expected having trading postions before the news is stupidity and even bigger stupidity is trying to do technical analysis before a big unknown news event and try and predict direction

devadas

Predition is free therefore everyone can do it , if the fed had come up with something else and the nifty had gone down 3% there would not have been a i told u so in bold red letters :) ... anyways my point is when there is big news expected having trading postions before the news is stupidity and even bigger stupidity is trying to do technical analysis before a big unknown news event and try and predict direction
NEWS ONLY TRIGGERS THE MARKET IN THE DIRECTION OF PREVIOUSLY FORMED PATTERN

The basics of Technical is Demand and Supply and the Formation of Flag meant that SMART MONEY had acumulated stocks or are bullish.Through Technical one tries to read their i.e SMART MONEY'S intention.NEWS/EVENTS ONLY TRIGGERS the direction of the market in already formed pattern i.e if bearish - Capitulation and vice versa.

REgarding if this had happened or that had happened , anything can happen.

I would like to draw ur attention to 2004 and 2009 elections when the media was saying something and what happened.

2004 During 2004 the media and ruling NDA was gungho about shining India .But the SMART OPERATORs, was not expecting BJP above 280+.But market had started falling much before the election approx 2 weeks before making lower high lowr bottom.And after the result it only had a free fall.But lower high lower bottom had only started earlier.

2009. HEre also people were expecting noone would gain clear majority.So media was talking of hung Parliament and mkts would fall etc. But the market closed at it's highest point on Friday i,e day before results when opinion polls showed Hung Parliament and the results were expected on Sunday or Monday.The market had rallied from 2500 low to high of 3600.After the result the pattern was convincing and market rallied again.Why would anyone take risk just befor election results.Risk in INHERENT in MARKETS

HEre also in this case FIIS had bought before FED decision.

To a LAYMAN it appears that the NEws created the market.

If your query was sincere, I am happy to provide this explanation.If it was just for arguement, I am not going to reply to ur query anymore.

I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO FOLLOW TECHNICAL ANALYSIS HERE.:)

Last edited:
This is interesting, when we talk of taking risk, it's mostly informed risk and if we see big players taking position before an unknown, the informed risk translates to insider knowledge. Yesterday's fed move also saw a Spike in gold just before announcement.
Not much can be done if regulatory lapses occur, so the only option left is to follow the mass instead of standing in front of freight train

ryan4ucar

and what do u have to say about this stock ranbaxy .... am sure all the insiders knew the news isnt it? I ve been doing this for a long time and by one glance i can tell a proper trader from a gambler , ive seen big players loose their houses gambling the market so dont give statements in bold .... people who have respect for markets dont go out and tell the world how right they were when their small predications work .

by the way it looks like a bear flag now and i am long today wont be letting the whole town know i was right if it works out

devadas

and what do u have to say about this stock ranbaxy .... am sure all the insiders knew the news isnt it? I ve been doing this for a long time and by one glance i can tell a proper trader from a gambler , ive seen big players loose their houses gambling the market so dont give statements in bold .... people who have respect for markets dont go out and tell the world how right they were when their small predications work .

by the way it looks like a bear flag now and i am long today wont be letting the whole town know i was right if it works out
You need not tell what I should write in BOLD and what I should not

By the way if you are agitated reading my posts don't read it.It's your problem.I am using the tools provided by Traderji Forums to write in Bold or otherwise.

Last edited: