NF SAR 2DHL; SL to BE >2%

Karanm

Forgot to add: Once you are in trade, get up at 8:59, log in to your trading screen, punch in the SAR and go back to sleep at 9:01 after putting in an alert on your mobile for the trigger of SAR. The Exchange can tinker with the time to their satisfaction, you control your life.:)
Sir, can you please let me know how to put in an alert on mobile for the Trigger of SAR
Thanks

Karanm

Two day high was 5293. You can hold the shorts and watch if 5336 breaks, If it does that is 2 day low.

Here is the how I back test using excel. 2009 Nifty results.

http://www.4shared.com/file/194745073/218d2a5c/2009_nifty.html

Column S give the profit points if we don't shift to BE after a move of 2%.Column W gives profit points if we do. Column X gives the net on 2 lots after cost.
Sir, can you please put the Trades of Dec'2009 in Excel file and explain where to enter and where to exit, how to enter & how to exit.This explanation of Trading for lay man like me can be of great help and use. Kindly explain.
Thanks

Karanm

Two day high was 5293. You can hold the shorts and watch if 5336 breaks, If it does that is 2 day low.

Here is the how I back test using excel. 2009 Nifty results.

http://www.4shared.com/file/194745073/218d2a5c/2009_nifty.html

Column S give the profit points if we don't shift to BE after a move of 2%.Column W gives profit points if we do. Column X gives the net on 2 lots after cost.
Sir, you mean to say that with this Statergy in 2009 person would have earned Rs.5,18,409/- from 2 lots of Nifty. Do you think it is practically possible? What maximum drawdown would have been required, any idea. Can you please provide excel sheet for the month of December'2009 in the simplest way as where to Enter, where to Exit, how to calculate Profit/Loss and how to handle gaps.
I hope you will explain the requested information and oblige.

trader.trends

Sir, you mean to say that with this Statergy in 2009 person would have earned Rs.5,18,409/- from 2 lots of Nifty. Do you think it is practically possible? What maximum drawdown would have been required, any idea. Can you please provide excel sheet for the month of December'2009 in the simplest way as where to Enter, where to Exit, how to calculate Profit/Loss and how to handle gaps.
I hope you will explain the requested information and oblige.
I don't know how you arrived at that mammoth figure of 518409/-. The total of column S gives 1232 points. That is if you SAR without moving to Break Even after a move of 2%. When you move to Entry level after a move to 2% in your favour you cut all the loss making trades and improve your score after costs to 1323 points the total of column X. Please check again.

The system is simple. Keep track of 2 day High and 2 day Low. Go long when 2DH breaks and short when 2DL breaks. Be in trade continuously. Only when the trade moves in your favour by 2% shift your exit to your entry price. If you exit at entry price, you again enter when the 2DH or 2DL breaks in the opposite direction of your last trade. If the open is beyond the SAR level wait to enter the breach of .25% from open. If that does not breach, hold your current position.

Hope it is clear. I have given the excel sheet for the complete year. Take the data of December from the download that I have given or from NSE site and work out the trades. Or follow the trades that I have posted for this month. It will be clear.

trader.trends

TT, whats yr position now ? you might have got a huge profit because of this move. pays to be systematic and follow rules
Yeah bandlab. Good MTM.(148pts)

Holding Shorts of 5232. Since the market has moved 2% in my favour, my Sl at entry. That is not the SAR level. For tomorrow long above 5247. The system has so far booked a loss. As I mentioned earlier, we have to allow the statistical advantage of the system to assert itself over time. With this system, I understand the meaning of not doing anything for more than two minutes everyday. Feels like a Zen monk.

Last edited:
Yeah bandlab. Good MTM.

Holding Shorts of 5232. Since the market has moved 2% in my favour, my Sl at entry. That is not the SAR level. For tomorrow long above 5247. The system has so far booked a loss. As I mentioned earlier, we have to allow the statistical advantage of the system to assert itself over time. With this system, I understand the meaning of not doing anything for more than two minutes everyday. Feels like a Zen monk.
Hello TT

I am following both your systems breakout & the fakeout one :thumb:

btw, me also holding nifty short from 5240 my current stops at 5170 for me its also the SAR level but I use intraday levels not just EoD ones, so chances to take it lower during the trading day.

Market seems to make you "a Zen monk" before it rewards you with $$ :lol:

:)

trader.trends

Around the 200 point fall mark(5032) bought 5000ce @ 60 to lock in minimum profit of 172 points. If the market bounces back upto 5232 my entry level or if the mkf falls to 5000 my profits will remain 172. It increases for every point fall below 5000.

Last edited:

linkon7

Good strategy. Since SAR is the approach, 1 bad exit, can set you back by a day's range.

Guppy's count back method would be a nice alternative for the stop loss.

http://techtraderreport.com/Articles/CountBack/GuppyCountBack.html

another alternative...

Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("KPL");
//AFL by Kamalesh Langote. Email:[email protected]
no=Param( "Swing", 2, 1, 55 );
tsl_col=ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle );

res=HHV(H,no);
sup=LLV(L,no);
avd=IIf(C>Ref(res,-1),1,IIf(C<Ref(sup,-1),-1,0));
avn=ValueWhen(avd!=0,avd,1);
tsl=IIf(avn==1,sup,res);

Plot(tsl, _DEFAULT_NAME(), tsl_col, styleStaircase);

Buy=Cross(C,tsl);