New Intermed Uptrend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello saint!

just want to know abt ifci
well its showing a lot of volume well lot means a lot..!!

and when ivrcl nagararjun cons etc is going up why is L & T goind down although it may sound a stupid ques but will like to know abt it

regards

aj...!!

Saint said:
Just to run you thru the trade on the daily charts again :

We got the breakout on Jan 10th,our stop is a bit below the previous pivot low,56.After that we got a pullback to 61.6,what do we do?Nothing.Our stops are not triggerred,our targets not achieved,so we do nothing.Then till Jan 30th,we get another rally.Do we take out previous highs,NO.So we don't get to raise our stop losses.Then another pullback to 62.3,what do we do?Nothing,our stops are not triggerred,our tgts not achieved.Now we get another mild rally to 72 which is a higher pivot high as compared to the previous pivot.So we get to raise our stops to a bit below the prev pivot low i.e 65.Then we make new highs on Feb 21st,we now raise our stops to 66.5.Then again another downward move,but stops not triggerred,we're still in.Now we get a big move up on nice volumes to 79,raise stops to 68..............in short be prepared to risk losing 79 to 68 in order to stay in the trade for even greater gains.
Hello Saint,

Hope you are having a Wonderful Weekend.

Thanks for this wonderful lesson,went through the chart and understood it very well.
Yes very true use Trailing Stops to be in a Trade for better Gains.

Thanks once again

Regards

Roneeth

roneeth said:
Hello Saint,

Hope you are having a Wonderful Weekend.

Thanks for this wonderful lesson,went through the chart and understood it very well.
Yes very true use Trailing Stops to be in a Trade for better Gains.

Thanks once again

Regards

Roneeth
Most welcome Roneeth!

Saint

Another case of wrong indicator signal - RPG Transmission. But there is a reason for the turnaround. The company bagged Rs 1100 million order from Power Grid Corporation of India yesterday. This made the stock boom....20%. Though i still own 50 shares.
Hi Ramesh,

Wonder if you use the TRIX.That showed a bullish divergence for quite some time,so technical traders + news related led to that neat rally on Friday.If we get a mild pullback from those highs,would be a nice buy.

All the best!
Saint

Just to run you thru the trade on the daily charts again :

We got the breakout on Jan 10th,our stop is a bit below the previous pivot low,56.After that we got a pullback to 61.6,what do we do?Nothing.Our stops are not triggerred,our targets not achieved,so we do nothing.Then till Jan 30th,we get another rally.Do we take out previous highs,NO.So we don't get to raise our stop losses.Then another pullback to 62.3,what do we do?Nothing,our stops are not triggerred,our tgts not achieved.Now we get another mild rally to 72 which is a higher pivot high as compared to the previous pivot.So we get to raise our stops to a bit below the prev pivot low i.e 65.Then we make new highs on Feb 21st,we now raise our stops to 66.5.Then again another downward move,but stops not triggerred,we're still in.Now we get a big move up on nice volumes to 79,raise stops to 68..............in short be prepared to risk losing 79 to 68 in order to stay in the trade for even greater gains.

Shall answer the rest later!

Time for some caffeine,all the best!

Saint

Hi Saint !!

Beautifully explained..
A truly enlightening post..

cheers :)
vizzie

Saint said:
PBA INFRASTRUCTURE :Looking good,nice consolidation sideways giving us an opportunity to make a low risk entry here.Even more juicy if it can convincigly take out 169.Stop of 157.First tgt of 220.

All the best!
Saint
Hi Saint!
Hope you are doing great.
I have a question in mind since long, hope I will be able to get the solution ver here.

I was just wondering how the analysts give price targets for stocks. If Some Chart patterns are formed like Flag or H&S, then I do understand how targets can be fixed. But can you please explain the methodology for giving price targets on studying the indicators. Is this based upon some kind of extrapolation?

Best Regards,
--Ashish

hi saint,
i was jus thinking if i can pick up more shares of shanti gear at this level.....i asked one of my friends he said it is still a good bet....can u help me out
thanx

Saint, Thanks for the call on Titan. Entered at Rs824. I so obcessed with IndSwiftLab, i cannot stop myself asking again if i can enter it again. What is your take on ITL Ind, Tele Data Informatics, IFCI & Ferr All.
Ferro Alloys i see a +ve divergency in RSI. Also there were roumours in a brokerage firm that the next quarter results will reflect the Platinum deposits finding and the stock will start start it's journey upwards.

Thanks once again for all the efforts you are putting in this forum. Really appreciate.

-Ramesh
Hi Ramesh,

Now for the 3rd part of your post.

FERRO ALLOYS :A positive divergence on any indicator is just that,not a signal to act ,but a signal for a possible rise in the near future.Which means nothing........let the stock give you a signal to get in,maybe a higher pivot low on the daily,etc.This one is still in a downtrend,meaning we do not go long until something changes.This is still making lower highs and lows.As we are traders and we are least bothered abt catching bottoms or tops,our intention here is to let this stock demonstrate some degree of strength before we commit funds to it.Basically,watchlist for now.If this can cross 12.38 which is the previous pivot high,then it becomes interesting,a sign of it starting a new uptrend.

TELEDATA :Same exact problem as above.We have bullish divergence on the TRIX n the RSI.But still a downtrend,no signal of an uptrend as yet.Therefore watchlist again.Maybe over 28 is a sign of possible change to the upside.An entry here would be one borne of hope and guesswork,so watchlist at best for this one for now.

ITL INDS :This one is worse than the previous 2,uglier by the day.Again,no signal for an entry,still very much in a dntrend.We may get some moves up and down,but not worth committing anything,funds,time or energy into this one for now.

IND SWIFT LABS:Again same as the first two.We have bullish divergences on TRIX,no signal for an entry,but an interesting one to keep a watch.Not yet an entry though for now.

IFCI :Till Feb 24th,this stk was indicating to us strength and an impending move up.That wide range bar on Feb 28th seems to have spoilt the party for now.The weekly looks uglier,we have a break down of trendlines in November last week,and this looks like a bear flag at best,which is indicative of possible lower prices.Whether it does or not is not our botheration,the question is:Is there an entry in this one on the long?No.Is there a clear trend reversal?No.Is there any reason to put my funds here and now leading to a series of days biting my nails off,sitting in the prayer room praying to the Lord Almighty?No.Are there better ones out there?Yes.

Remember,our job is to make profits.We don't care abt bottoms or tops,we pull the very important run-up between the two and laugh all the way to the bank.Follow the pullback as you are doing right now,but do NOT enter till you get a clear cut signal.

This post has gone too long,shall give an example of an entry on a p/b soon.

All the best!
Saint

ragh_ash said:
hi saint,
eagerly awaiting weekend.
and then i am into 3i infotech
seeing tgt my entry at 178 seem ok to me.
regards
Will be away next few days,hope to put up the updates soon on return.

Apologies!

All the best!
Saint

ajesh said:
hello saint!

just want to know abt ifci
well its showing a lot of volume well lot means a lot..!!

and when ivrcl nagararjun cons etc is going up why is L & T goind down although it may sound a stupid ques but will like to know abt it

regards

aj...!!
Hi AJ,

IFCI :Had answered the query earlier 2 posts ago,so please refer.

First of all,no question is stupid.Every doubt is a stepping stone to success.

About L&T and the others, no real answer though,maybe someone could tell you some news related or some other fundamental answer.Maybe some technical correction.If you are into looking at charts following trends,the question "Why"does not exist.It is,or it is not.There is no why it is,or why it is not.Just "it is",or "isn't".We have our spiritual masters who advise us on moment to moment awareness,or living in the present or living in the now.........trend following is something like that.The rational mind is taught to shut itself up.We see a pattern,we get an entry,exit pts,we share size properly as per our money management disciplines,and then we trail stop,and through all this the mind is taught not to ask why,not to count the ruppes earned while the trade is still in progress,not to budge from our disciplines............basically not to think at all.All thinking and planning happens the night before,thinking stops while the market is on.Just entries,exits,share sizes,again and again for many trades.What happens is we end up trading without fear or greed,we stand aside from all the emotions that drive the markets.And while everyone around us is oscillating between fear and greed,we stand aside and quietly and confidently make our profits.

All the best!
Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.