New Intermed Uptrend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
trading-wizard said:
saint.

please help me with the targets for ntpc and centurion bank...is it a safe bet to enter at current levels?

thanks in advance
Hi trading wizard,

NTPC :May go higher..........but this one 's a "slow boat to China".Think there's better out there as far as gains are concerned.From safe bet,I presume you are looking for an intermed to long term play......then wait for a pullback.Wait and watch for now.

CENTURION BANK :Still all over the place.......look for something else.Some nice charts in some banks.Allahabad Bank for one 's looking good.......keep it on your watchlist.

Happy Trading!!
Saint

psrikant1978 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum as well as to the market. I am ready to buy my first stock. I have also done some research about the market and tried to understand the basics. I am still learning.

I was wondering if you guys can help me in buying my first stock. Some of the stocks that I have in mind are Reliance, Wipro, Hinduja TMT.

Saint, I know you are helping a lot of people in this form to make a informed decision on whether to buy or sell. Waiting for your inputs as well.

I am here to learn about the market from all you guys.
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Prashanth
Hi Prashanth,

First of all,welcome to the Traderji Family........like I have said many times before,I have immense respect for that person who wishes to learn......and my friend,we are all still learning.In this path,we are all students helping each other out........No Masters,No gurus in this field,in fact the day you start believing that you are a Guru of sorts,the market has a way of downgrading that feeling!

The only "Gurus" in this field are the analysts on TV who have found an easier way to make money other than from trading...........well,once again,hats off to that person who declares he wants to learn.Great going!!

RELIANCE INDS :This can keep going up and dragging the market upwards.Personally,if I am planning to enter this one,I would like to enter on a pullback.

WIPRO :Nice breakout from a huge ascending triangle.........putting in a breakout bar/candle yesterday.Just hold on for now and let's see how this week ends ......are prices going to slam down and negate this breakout,or it's going to stay over that support line?A wait n watch for now......close watch.Nice one!!

HINDUJA TMT :Still all over the place........let's look for something better.

All the very best!
Happy Trading!!
Saint

Hi Saint,
yesterday VSNL looks very much like an inverted hammer. But I dont see any bearish activity around yesterday. Inspite of this, does it mean, bears expect the stock to go up ?
thanks

saint said:
Hi Ragh_Ash,

Sorry about that,my friend........thought it was a general comment till you made those few editions.

CLARIANT :I presume you are in this one for a short to intermediate term.If you caught the breakout from that tight sideways consolidation,great stuff.......Now nothing to be done,but raise your stops.....It may test 340 again,it may not,it may fall through 300.........as traders the only thing you can do is to raise your stop loss to 285,and wait.If it falls through 285,get out for now.

TVS MOTORS :Neat increase in volume from September,and then a breakout from an ascending triangle on the daily charts.Keep your stop losses at 95 and let's see what happens.Nice breakout on the monthly charts as well.......very nice!

TATA POWER :If the 470 support holds,this is still nice and bullish......looks good for a HOLD.

Happy Trading!!

Saint
THx saint,
let me clarify i am still in learning stage, so any post i make is to clarify whatever i understand. I am not, repeat , not yet qualified to make statements.
so please treat my posts as queries and other members pl see what seniors say on my post . donot take hasty decisions.
regards

bbuddy said:
hi saint,
can u pls recommend me few stocks for short term........as im new to this share market.

Thanks in advance.

Vishal
Hi Vishal,

A very warm welcome to you........there are some great looking stocks out there.But more important than knowing the "what"to buy(although it is important),is knowing the "when" to buy and the reason behind the buy,and the "when"to exit if things don't go to plan,and what you would do if you make handsome profits.

All very important stuff........and there are many more things to be considered before putting in a trade.In the beginning,do some position trading.Keep away from day trading for now.Start trading but at very small share size.Keep a Trading Journal.Have your strategies laid out.Important thing now is to learn how to trade.........

There are many that are looking good,some of which are:

1.ABB
2.BHEL
3.TELCO
4.JET
5.ALSTOM PR
6.DR REDDY
7.LUPIN
8.INDIAN HOTELS
9.BAJAJ HIND
10.WIPRO
11.COLGATE
12.ARVIND MILLS
13.IFLEX
14.JP ASSOC
15.IGL
16.BEML
17.ASHOK LEY
18.LIC HOUS FIN

These are looking good.............any in particular that you are interested in,or any other,feel free to ask.Like I said before,very important to learn now,more important than the thrill of making money........once your systems are in place,the rest will follow.

All the best!
Saint

silverbyte said:
Hi Saint,
yesterday VSNL looks very much like an inverted hammer. But I dont see any bearish activity around yesterday. Inspite of this, does it mean, bears expect the stock to go up ?
thanks
Hi Silverbyte,

VSNL is still in the middle of a neat pullback after that monster breakout a few months back.........so far lower pivot lows and highs.A definite close watch for your watchlist.Nice!!

Don't think that this is an inverted hammer,more of a bad tick,was watching it yesterday,never saw prices go over 420,etc.......

Happy Trading!
Saint

Hi Saint, Amitb, Ravi,,

Can you please give me some advice on my portfolio..

I made some losses and some profits, even markets were up yesterday but due to my penny stocks i was having a loss..

I would like to restructure my portfolio, i like you guys to have your valuable comments..

Mphasis 200@ 244
Teledata 550@ 29
Marson 5000 @ 7
SYSCHEM INDIA 2000 @ 6
Vishal Exports 2500 @ 9

Please advice me, as you can see most of my counters are in loss

Tushar

ragh_ash said:
THx saint,
let me clarify i am still in learning stage, so any post i make is to clarify whatever i understand. I am not, repeat , not yet qualified to make statements.
so please treat my posts as queries and other members pl see what seniors say on my post . donot take hasty decisions.
regards
Hi Ragh_ash,

Keep em coming.........shall help as much as I possibly can.

Like in anything in life,slow and steady.......,

"Wars are won,a battle at a time.
Battles are won,a bullet at a time."

Happy Trading!
Saint

Hi Saint,

I just posted just now at AMITBE's thread.......I just wanted to tell you both that the selfless and stupendous service that you are both providing is simply amazing!I have picked up so much in the last 2 months,just being a casual visitor.Now that I am a member,I sincerely wish to learn all that you both are teaching.

It's not just me......I have a group of friends,all "fans" of AMITBE and yourself......we print out all the great posts and try to learn as much as we can.We are totally new and lost.......but both of you have been a great help.

Thank you both!!
Dhanya

Dhanya said:
Hi Saint,

I just posted just now at AMITBE's thread.......I just wanted to tell you both that the selfless and stupendous service that you are both providing is simply amazing!I have picked up so much in the last 2 months,just being a casual visitor.Now that I am a member,I sincerely wish to learn all that you both are teaching.

It's not just me......I have a group of friends,all "fans" of AMITBE and yourself......we print out all the great posts and try to learn as much as we can.We are totally new and lost.......but both of you have been a great help.

Thank you both!!
Dhanya
Hi Dhanya,

Wow......that's a first,a fan..... :) .

First of all, a very warm welcome to you.........and hope that in the various threads you'll find the answers to your doubts.Education is everything for the newcomer to the markets.......learn from books,from the various posts and threads in this forum,ask questions...........do whatever it takes,but educate yourself.Glad to see such enthusiasm,Dhanya.........

Feel free to ask questions.......there are a whole lot of stupendous individuals over here who would only too gladly answer your questions.Fellow members like Ravi and Supratik are great traders constantly throwing out trade ideas.We have Ivanboesky and Wastej whose knowledge of the derivatives market is truly remarkable.If you are looking for a trader who is constantly throwing out super chart patterns and has agreat technical eye and brain,look out for Karthik and Phoenix.Not leaving out great names like Joymittali and Jaideep......truly stupendous traders with an even more stupendous humility to match.I am leaving out the greatest for the last........Amit,a great trader,an even greater teacher,a wonderful human being,and a big heart.There are many others who you'll get to know as you go along.........all truly remarkable individuals.

Once again,a warm welcome......

All the best!
Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.