myQuotes - Free Real Time Quotes Software

Thnx jdm for sharing ur utilities wid us....

I have some issues with which u might help...

1) Sometimes the applocation fails to get fresh data..It just stops still...Doesnt happen usually..(say 5% of the times)...Is anybody facing this?

2)Regarding the backfill , can u elaborate the process of doing it....
cos i downloaded the application , executed the .exe and selected the 5 min backfill checkbox.. THe window showed me my data was being downloaded and the process completed successfully,
I then opened the DB from amibroker but it didnt show me the back filled data..

Thanks in advance:thumb:

jdm

Thnx jdm for sharing ur utilities wid us....

I have some issues with which u might help...

1) Sometimes the applocation fails to get fresh data..It just stops still...Doesnt happen usually..(say 5% of the times)...Is anybody facing this?

2)Regarding the backfill , can u elaborate the process of doing it....
cos i downloaded the application , executed the .exe and selected the 5 min backfill checkbox.. THe window showed me my data was being downloaded and the process completed successfully,
I then opened the DB from amibroker but it didnt show me the back filled data..

Thanks in advance:thumb:
well yahoo data is unreliable. it does stops from time to time. for example today only it stopped giving quotes for nse. any app which appends data from yahoo will encounter this problem. cant help but then thats the cost of free sources.

the data is downloaded is txt files. you have to manully import the downloaded data into amibroker.

thnx jdm for the prompt reply...well yes this is the cost for free data..no issues...wanted to confirm if this is not some system problem of mine..

I tried the import of .txt files.. i think we have to change the format of the file a bit to make it compatible wid amibroker....

jdm

thnx jdm for the prompt reply...well yes this is the cost for free data..no issues...wanted to confirm if this is not some system problem of mine..

I tried the import of .txt files.. i think we have to change the format of the file a bit to make it compatible wid amibroker....
just create a "format" file accordingly. see ami help for how to create format files and import ascii files.

lazytrader

Hi jdm, can you tell me what the periodicity option on 0,1 do in Data downloader? I can't seem to find any info on that.

I can't seem to long in to myquotes but I am able to log in to yahoo. Is there any problem you are aware of? I tried using my username only and also with the entire address but same issue.

I get the error "failed to log in to yahoo"
And in the status bar on the log in page I see "Not logged in <path to amibroker>". does it have anything to do with amibroker path?

Last edited:

jdm

Hi jdm, can you tell me what the periodicity option on 0,1 do in Data downloader? I can't seem to find any info on that.

I can't seem to long in to myquotes but I am able to log in to yahoo. Is there any problem you are aware of? I tried using my username only and also with the entire address but same issue.

I get the error "failed to log in to yahoo"
And in the status bar on the log in page I see "Not logged in <path to amibroker>". does it have anything to do with amibroker path?
0 for tick data. 1 for one minute. the same is needed if you want the data imported in metastock. if you want to use the same in conjunction with myQuotes then you can skip the column. you can make sure of the format file in ami to skip the column.

make sure you are using a yahoo id with .com extension.

lazytrader

well yahoo, irrespective of exchange appends EST as their time stamp. myQuotes adjusted the timestamp as provided by yahoo to local exchange time.

if you are following NSE then its wise to keep the settings as India only and then adjust ami for local time (Saudi time for you).

will see if i integrate a customized time settings.

backfilling can be done through my other app although you have to manually do the same.

yahoo backfill is delayed by 15 minutes. again since it is a one time process i havent integrated the same.

but what really interesting is google. the data integrity of google is very good and way above yahoo. hope google have a RT link soon. try out this backfilling app

thanks for your feedback

cheers
Hi jdm, when you create the google rt data app I would request you to make it write to a text file instead of an amibroker database as the software ChartsData does. It would be helpful for everyone since all TA software support reading from text files.

Thanks.