myQuotes - Free Real Time Quotes Software

nebujvs

Dear JDM

Can we feed both cash and future datas to same amibroker databse with your tools

JV

jdm

Dear JDM

Can we feed both cash and future datas to same amibroker databse with your tools

JV
normally any software (incl. myQuotes) loads the database first and then appends the appends the data to the loaded database. as soon as the software loads the database all unsaved data will be lost.

so considering a scenario where myQuotes is running (and the data is not yet saved, as myQuotes do not saves any) and you are running another application (which loads the database) the append data by myQuotes will be lost.

chachi

Hi JDM,

Excellent work. I stumbled upon myQuotes last week and was impressed by its simplicity. Of course I have its experience of one trading day only. But I didn't face any difficulties setting up unlike other softwares. I thank you sincerely for this lovely piece of freeware.

I have been watching your threads, for they contain very valuable inputs. Some efforts of mine in excel were inspired by many seniors like you. Nice work so far from your side.

Keep it up

Regards
Chachi

nebujvs

normally any software (incl. myQuotes) loads the database first and then appends the appends the data to the loaded database. as soon as the software loads the database all unsaved data will be lost.

so considering a scenario where myQuotes is running (and the data is not yet saved, as myQuotes do not saves any) and you are running another application (which loads the database) the append data by myQuotes will be lost.
JDM

what I mean is can we feed amibroker from PIB for both future and cash datas in RT. sure to a single database.

JV

jdm

JDM

what I mean is can we feed amibroker from PIB for both future and cash datas in RT. sure to a single database.

JV
@chachi - thx for your kind words

@nebujvs - theres no simple answer for that. i have describe the internal process in my last post. you have to come to conclusions. but still if you want a one liner then yes you can but make sure the you save the database before importing from pib while myQuote is running otherwise the appended data by myQuotes will be lost. and make sure data appened from pib are in tick format. i have not tested the above, so do it at your own risk and do backup your data before any experiments.

nebujvs

jdm

When i try your tool for pib "MyPIBDATA" I get this error massage

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at myPibData.Form1.(String , String )
at myPibData.Form1.(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
myPibData
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Temp%20cd%20coping%20may1609/TEMP/CAL5JB7R/myPIBData/myPibData.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

pls guide me

JV

Thnx jdm for this fine utility...

Have a small problem though..i m able to get the data onto the chrts but the OHLC for the tick remains same (i.e tick1 will have some value but all of OHLC will have this value, tick2 will have different value but OHLC will have this value)
myQuotes window has correct data for OHLC but that is not reflected in amibroker...Any ideas what the issue might be?
Thanks in advance

chachi

Thnx jdm for this fine utility...

Have a small problem though..i m able to get the data onto the chrts but the OHLC for the tick remains same (i.e tick1 will have some value but all of OHLC will have this value, tick2 will have different value but OHLC will have this value)
myQuotes window has correct data for OHLC but that is not reflected in amibroker...Any ideas what the issue might be?
Thanks in advance
Hi Ashish,

Tick data means one particular price only (traded price). i.e. OHLC = one small horizontal line (single price).

Right click on the chart and select different period like 3 minutes, 5 minutes etc to see the OHLC bar.

Regards
Chachi