My Nifty/Mini-Nifty Positional trade logs

Can Stochastics indicator alone be used for positional trading?

• Total voters
Summa, you are using Excel for charting this strategy ?? Wow.. can you please upload the .xls file ? I am using Sharekhan's TT for charting and the stochs are somewhat different.

(32,9,1) UP
(21,9,1) UP
(15,3,1) UP
hold long...
wait for (21,9,1) to enter > 80.. currently around 65.

summasumma

Summa, you are using Excel for charting this strategy ?? Wow.. can you please upload the .xls file ? I am using Sharekhan's TT for charting and the stochs are somewhat different.
Hi Timepass,

This is the excel sheet i created for this strategy...
Please check if you are able to download this and let me know if it works as this is first time im sharing file using dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/teqizlool00rmkx/NF_balaji_system_with_graph - 2012.xls

Just goto sheet named 'NF - System' and do copy/paste of last row to create new row to add current days nifty-future details. The chart will get updated automatically in "Charts" sheet.

Thanks,
...summasumma

soft_trader

Hi Timepass,

Please check if you are able to download this and let me know if it works as this is first time im sharing file using dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/teqizlool00rmkx/NF_balaji_system_with_graph - 2012.xls

Just goto sheet named 'NF - System' and do copy/paste of last row to create new row to add current days nifty-future details. The chart will get updated automatically in "Charts" sheet.

Thanks,
...summasumma
Downloaded it!! It's really amazing. You have done a great programming in Excel sheet. :thumb: Are u an excel master ??

Last edited:
Hi Timepass,

Thanks,
...summasumma
downloaded, no problem.. works fine. Thanks.

summasumma

Downloaded it!! It's really amazing. You have done a great programming in Excel sheet. :thumb: Are u an excel master ??
No soft_trader, i am just learning basics of excel and excel is my master... :D

summasumma

based on CMP,
(15,3,1) UP @ 92.24
(21,9,1) UP @ 73.36
(32,9,1) UP @ 47.04
Nifty making small correction...
Going Long is good idea as per this sytem as (21,9,1) nearing 75 now and we expect to go > 80 which might happen tomorrow...

I have added mini-nifty lot@5090 now to the existing NF long position @ 4950...Lets see..

summasumma

based on CMP,
(15,3,1) UP @ 92.24
(21,9,1) UP @ 73.36
(32,9,1) UP @ 47.04
Nifty making small correction...
Going Long is good idea as per this sytem as (21,9,1) nearing 75 now and we expect to go > 80 which might happen tomorrow...

I have added mini-nifty lot@5090 now to the existing NF long position @ 4950...Lets see..

(15,3,1) DOWN @ 89.21 -- still > 80
(21,9,1) UP @ 72.35
(32,9,1) UP @ 46.33

Still view remains same.. positive bias as parents are rising and the child > 80 till now.
Will wait for (21,9,1) to move > 80...
Panic starts only when (15,3,1) comes below 80.

Dont want to miss ADD in this small correction, IF GOOD UP MOVE GOING TO HAPPEN. so added mini-nifty lot@5090 (should have bought @ EOD :D ) to the existing position of long@4950.

(15,3,1) DOWN @ 89.21 -- still > 80
(21,9,1) UP @ 72.35
(32,9,1) UP @ 46.33

Still view remains same.. positive bias as parents are rising and the child > 80 till now.
Will wait for (21,9,1) to move > 80...
Panic starts only when (15,3,1) comes below 80.

Dont want to miss ADD in this small correction, IF GOOD UP MOVE GOING TO HAPPEN. so added mini-nifty lot@5090 (should have bought @ EOD :D ) to the existing position of long@4950.
is not there any divergence on the indicator.

summasumma

is not there any divergence on the indicator.
Yes,... divergence on stochastics is always there. but i haven't seen much effect in this system so far. But definitely keeping an eye on that.