My Nifty/Mini-Nifty Positional trade logs

Can Stochastics indicator alone be used for positional trading?

• Total voters

summasumma

Click on his signature

(or is it her, Summa :D :D)
lol.... Its his :gunsmilie:

summa means "simply.." or "just like that..." in tamil.
when i created the userid in traderji forum long back, i wanted to simply give some userid just like that.... so i gave "simply" itself ... :D

TraderRavi

low risk profile
lol.... Its his :gunsmilie:

summa means "simply.." or "just like that..." in tamil.
when i created the userid in traderji forum long back, i wanted to simply give some userid just like that.... so i gave "simply" itself ... :D
TP..........I know from this trading style that trader is "he" not "she"......guess how.....:D

the way he was in profit in excess of 100 points many times and does not pocket them, no way it could be she.......:D

summasumma

And today child came out of OS zone.
But 2111/811 are not complimenting each other today. We can see 811 rocketed into OB zone(96) but the 2111 still trying to beat 40s...
So since there is no convincing up move by 2111 also, im waiting to enter LONG.

If 811 can sustain inside the OB zone even after the eod tomorrow,then enter LONG.
Else, there are occasions where i lost money in exact scenario where i failed to wait to confirm 811 willingness to stay in OB zone and then market came down completly the next-day(for ex, check 11th Jan/20th Feb move followed by next day)...

So this happened today.... 811 can't stay in OB zone(>80) for a day when its partner 2111 still hovering around 40s... and market came down completely opposite today... This instance 2nd april becomes another example along with 11th jan and 20th feb :)

2111/811 came down today and now we can see a clear gap between them.
so what we should do now is "nothing".

wait till they both come closer and making some equally good moves...untill then no clear trend. Market might go 70+ up and can suddenly come 100- down as they both are fighting....

Another point is that child made a kind of horizontal move... This kind of horizontal move will never happen in a trending market outside OB/OS zone.

Lets wait... :thumb:

2111 is (21,1,1) full-stochastics and
811 is (8,1,1) full-stochastics.

Both are plotted in my previous post image on Nifty-Futures.
Please click on the top of the image where it says "...click this bar to view the full image..." to see the chart more clearly.

To know about 2111/811, check the link in my signature.
Cool gotcha, I was looking for number 2111 and 811 in nifty chart and wondering if you were talking abt prices of someother chart :thumb:

summasumma

All stochs came down...

Both 2111/811 reentered OS zone in no time.
Will wait for tomorrow to make trade decision to see if 811 can sustain in OS zone for a day now... just a day back we were discussion about whether it can sustain in OB zone :) and now exactly opposite...

Remember, parents are already OS zone indicate a sense of negativity all the time...

summasumma

So both 2111/811 able to stay inside OS zone.
Child back inside OS zone again. Parents already in OS zone.
Entered short today and also bought 5700 CE as hedge...
5555 is good support... lets see...

Open Position:
--------------
entered NF short @ 5560
Bought Nifty 5700 CE @ 29

P/L status:
-----------
-20+80+142-8-90+15-60-60+124-23 = +100

Last edited:

summasumma

Summa, since you are observing the gaps between the lines, why not take a look at Guppy's moving averages. Or the "Ema Strip in BB" on EOD TF ??

Here's Nifty (spot).

Not aware of guppy's moving average.
regarding this EMA strip of BB, can you pls tell the rules for finding up/down/rangebound trends?
Is it like when EMA band comes close to the outer BB, the market will move in that direction and when the EMA band is within the inner BB we expect sideways market?

Not aware of guppy's moving average.
regarding this EMA strip of BB, can you pls tell the rules for finding up/down/rangebound trends?
Is it like when EMA band comes close to the outer BB, the market will move in that direction and when the EMA band is within the inner BB we expect sideways market?
Ema strip in BB was designed by Columbus for intraday. Here's the link.

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/63416-ema-strip-bb-50.html#post795487

For Guppy moving averages you will find a few threads in here, including the one by Traderji himself

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/620-guppy-multiple-moving-average.html

I am trading neither.