My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Generally if a quarter will be in break even or slightly negative its rare(my system) but happens :mad:,very next month is performing to significant level ( my system).this is what happening in july series till now ,surviving in bad months and with out bringing in "Fear Of Pulling the Trigger" is the key,depth is back testing will be the key factor...Quant based analysis is seen on discretionary systems but it is not a back test but mind test..which is bound to dance in losing strike ...:DD

XRAY27

Generally if a quarter will be in break even or slightly negative its rare(my system) but happens :mad:,very next month is performing to significant level ( my system).this is what happening in july series till now ,surviving in bad months and with out bringing in "Fear Of Pulling the Trigger" is the key,depth is back testing will be the key factor...Quant based analysis is seen on discretionary systems but it is not a back test but mind test..which is bound to dance in losing strike ...:DD
If this month turns negative and moves cut down my delta FRMM,then qty has to be reduced...nothing can be done..,only such instance was in 2012.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XRAY27

If this month turns negative and moves cut down my delta FRMM,then qty has to be reduced...nothing can be done..,only such instance was in 2012.

Saved my pant and shirt ,another difficult series passed out,:DD intra ended with 106 pts profit in BNF (Total 21 trades with 6 wins and 15 loss trades out of which 8 are continue loss trades o_O:banghead: ,) BNF weekly options 13 % return on capital and swing in NF with 306,BNF 113

Tomorrow Aug series :):cool:..

XRAY27

A broad definition of drawdown could be the largest loss or the largest losing streak of a trading system, whichever is the biggest

In fact it is important to distinguish between three different types of drawdown:

1. An end trade drawdown tells us how much of the open profit we had to give back before we were allowed to exit a specific trade

2. A close trade drawdown is the difference between the entry and the exit price without taking into consideration what is going on within the trade

3. A start trade drawdown measures how much the trade went against us after the entry and before it started to go our way.

Source:Trading systems by Emilio Tomasini & Urban Jaekle

Seen excellent improvement in ISL after following above points

VJAY

A broad definition of drawdown could be the largest loss or the largest losing streak of a trading system, whichever is the biggest

In fact it is important to distinguish between three different types of drawdown:

1. An end trade drawdown tells us how much of the open profit we had to give back before we were allowed to exit a specific trade

2. A close trade drawdown is the difference between the entry and the exit price without taking into consideration what is going on within the trade

3. A start trade drawdown measures how much the trade went against us after the entry and before it started to go our way.

Source:Trading systems by Emilio Tomasini & Urban Jaekle

Seen excellent improvement in ISL after following above points

Nice xray bro.... what are the changes done for ISL ?

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

XRAY27

Nice xray bro.... what are the changes done for ISL ?

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk
just work on the three points, you will understand lot depends on system we trade, these changes are applied once i moved to all in,

XRAY27

Just seen people showing interest on mechanical system,all the backtesting terminology is freely available in internet,basic idea of this is to trade a system,without putting our emotions into play in trade and also prevents us from losing with untested methods.

Tested proven method also goes for losing strike,yes we cry when you lose,but this loss should not effect cardinal rule of successful trading: Adopt a definite trading plan. Because of the emotional stress inherent in any speculative situation, you must have a predetermined method of operation. That includes a set of rules you must adhere to in order to protect yourself from making irrational decisions. future trades, this what whole funda all about,discretionary system does allow us to grow added emotions stress we carry is very high,when you increase qty we trade.

A cardinal rule of successful trading: Adopt a definite trading plan. Because of the emotional stress inherent in any speculative situation, you must have a predetermined method of operation. That includes a set of rules you must adhere to in order to protect yourself from making irrational decisions.

Last edited:

Simple.Trader

future trades, this what whole funda all about,discretionary system does allow us to grow added emotions stress we carry is very high,when you increase qty we trade.
Dear XRAY27,

I agree with you here. In small accounts our emotions are very less. So its easy to follow our system or trading plan. Just last month I had a discussion with one fellow trader to multiply ac 10 times in a 1 month. I did that in 1 month approx (traded for 15 days only in a month in this ac) because I traded with only 5k initial funds. I also have gut feeling that its not possible to trade with same psychology in 1 lac ac or say bluntly that I must have failed to multiply the ac of 1 lac to 10 lac in exact same trades because of quantity.

Now the question is how to overcome this factor? This factor is haunting me since many years. I (or anyone) can make profits in big ac also (most of the times) but the returns are very less in comparison to small ac. How to overcome this? Suggest some solution please. Please reply in detail as this will be helpful for many traders. But please don't say just follow plan etc. Need some good and detailed advice, ready to read some books also for understanding the solution for this problem.

Attaching the image for your reference so that you understand the problem.

Anyone besides XRAY27 who understand the problem and have some good solution than please suggest.

Regards

Simple Trader

Last edited by a moderator:

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
Probably not understanding your problem the wright way, following my short and simple answer to your queston: Every time you double your account, you add one more lot or in US Market one more contract to the existing amount you trade regularly with. Succees from many traders are seen in the amount of contracts they trade regularly day by day or in there strategys they implement on a regular basis. Trading does not mean that we have to use in each and every trade our whole account size instead build it slowly, but constantly up to bigger size. Not going always to the limit gives you also the security to know that if some thing goes wrong, you are able to move on with trading and not of a sudden stand there with no trading capital any more. This fits for traders who work with theyre own money, as on the other hand traders who manage accounts with customer money offen do not act in this way, as it is not there own money and then they do care less about it in many situations.

Dear XRAY27,

I agree with you here. In small accounts our emotions are very less. So its easy to follow our system or trading plan. Just last month I had a discussion with one fellow trader to multiply ac 10 times in a 1 month. I did that in 1 month approx (traded for 15 days only in a month in this ac) because I traded with only 5k initial funds. I also have gut feeling that its not possible to trade with same psychology in 1 lac ac or say bluntly that I must have failed to multiply the ac of 1 lac to 10 lac in exact same trades because of quantity.

Now the question is how to overcome this factor? This factor is haunting me since many years. I (or anyone) can make profits in big ac also (most of the times) but the returns are very less in comparison to small ac. How to overcome this? Suggest some solution please. Please reply in detail as this will be helpful for many traders. But please don't say just follow plan etc. Need some good and detailed advice, ready to read some books also for understanding the solution for this problem.

Attaching the image for your reference so that you understand the problem.

Anyone besides XRAY27 who understand the problem and have some good solution than please suggest.

Regards

Simple Trader[/QUOTE]
grow along with profit ..for RJ or bill gates a trading account of size even 5 crore is very very small ,.

Last edited: