Most Horrible Times As A Ta

Prabhjeet

Hi,

When there is a parabolic gain better to tighten ur SL and upgrade it as required. Better to avoid shorting or fresh entry in that particular stock or market.
If one is a hard core trader and trading is his livlihood better to find out other stocks giving better opoortunities......

Its my personal view......However high value portfolios must be protected with proper hedging.....in such kinda market......

regards
dev mookerji
Thanks Dev

AJAY

Dear Friends,

When "what if " scenario is discussed while reading the charts and acting on the readings, then the whole road map is ready which removes all the surprises that we come across in the journey of trading. Pl. make a note at the bottom of all yout analysis this " what if " scenario and keep it on the top. This helps in takings decisions in time as we go ready with action plan with the help of " what if " scenario.

happy practicing analysis
ajayakumar

Prabhjeet

Dear Friends,

When "what if " scenario is discussed while reading the charts and acting on the readings, then the whole road map is ready which removes all the surprises that we come across in the journey of trading. Pl. make a note at the bottom of all yout analysis this " what if " scenario and keep it on the top. This helps in takings decisions in time as we go ready with action plan with the help of " what if " scenario.

happy practicing analysis
ajayakumar
:confused::confused::confused:

can u put it more clearly

U

uasish

prabhjeetrana,

In a public forum to express frankly your short comings are Equated as a Weakness,many will try to undermine you,here people will mostly Shout about how Smart he was & will never ever mention about their shortcomings (barring few),as if they where Born Traders & never know the term Loss.
One who can Confess about his Lapses is a true Braveheart & on the right track of improvement.
I personally Congratulate you from the core of my heart,you have displayed a perfect Indian attitude & feel proud to have been associated with Humble Learners.
Under this Sun not a single Trader exists who has not faced perodical Loss (except those who just take delivery & convert the Intraday trade to Buy & hold ).

Asish

Linus

Thanks oilman. Where can i find this '' volitality tool"
With so much volatility, one is is bound to get trapped. Volatility can give you or can kill you!

Study Bollinger Bands and / or Average True Range ATR to understand volatility.

s :) s

PS: Quote - "Low volatility begets high volatility" -

John Bollinger in his book Bollinger on Bollinger Bands

prabhjeetrana,

In a public forum to express frankly your short comings are Equated as a Weakness,many will try to undermine you,here people will mostly Shout about how Smart he was & will never ever mention about their shortcomings (barring few),as if they where Born Traders & never know the term Loss.
One who can Confess about his Lapses is a true Braveheart & on the right track of improvement.
I personally Congratulate you from the core of my heart,you have displayed a perfect Indian attitude & feel proud to have been associated with Humble Learners.
Under this Sun not a single Trader exists who has not faced perodical Loss (except those who just take delivery & convert the Intraday trade to Buy & hold ).

Asish
I second u Ashish da ...
nice to start this thread prabhjeetrana.
I feel one definitely learns more from their mistakes.

Linus

Just a thought... how can one trade without understanding what volatility is ? :confused:
No offence meant to anybody, but this is something like saying - I know how to fly, but forgot how to land! :D :D

s :D s

C

CreditViolet

Hi all

This thread is to express my most horrible times as a technical analyst where markets have slapped me not only once or twice but more than ten times in a row yesterday. My first impression in the morning was that markets will zoom past 18000 and all shorts will cover and we will close at about 18100 levels, than market had something else to say, it started correcting and suddenly nifty was -25 so i squared my longs on nifty, after 1 hr. nifty was up again +30 pts., i thought this was my time now sensex will breach 18000, i again went long on nifty and when i saw market 5 min. before close, i was horror struck to see nifty back in red and i had to again square my long positions and if this was no all now i see nasdaq and dow making new highs on friday night.

Must confess that since last may correction i have never been so confused predicting a top:(
Just a doubt - Didnt you advocate watching only Monthly charts on another thread here? Now you have switched to intraday trading? :confused: