Mistakes made in Trading Life

same mistakes which all are familiar with.
1. no discipline to follow the rules.
( trying to cure this)
2. taking impulse trade. ( i know that i am not on that stage yet. )
3. not honest with my self.
mind is a wonderful thing. it gave us so accurate reason that we break our rules although we know that reasoning is irrelevant in the market. and anything can happen in the market.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
same mistakes which all are familiar with.
1. no discipline to follow the rules.
( trying to cure this)
2. taking impulse trade. ( i know that i am not on that stage yet. )
3. not honest with my self.
mind is a wonderful thing. it gave us so accurate reason that we break our rules although we know that reasoning is irrelevant in the market. and anything can happen in the market.
Ya, true, Mind is such a wonderful thing that it simply overrides the mechanical systems also and even if one gets a trading arrow, he doesn take trade as mind creates some other parallel analysis. :annoyed::mad:

marimuthu13

means I should leave trading and find something else kya? :confused:
i cannot say that.........but think it twice or thrice..

why are you loosing ?

Is discipline only problem??? if yes what you have done to overcome this ? if you are not able to overcome , only HOPE cannot make it successful.

ravi2126

Just witnessed problem yesterday..
If I suffer loss in XX script 2-3 times ...Should I trade in that script next day ...?
I M finding good setup in it ...But mind rejecting that bcoz I already make loss in it ...
What to do...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
my longer time frame trades generally are ok as they are SL-M orders at pre-decided levels. Shorter TF i generally got numbo and punch wrong details in order window. script name wrong, buy instead of sell or vice versa, qty wrong...

using auto punch feature from last 2-3 months and results look encouraging. will try to raise the quantity slow and steady.

Mar 2017
http://imgur.com/k8jWZPe

Apr 2017
http://imgur.com/lOkNXg2

May-2017 so far
http://i.imgur.com/N6bwNXr.png

Last edited:

okabira

my longer time frame trades generally are ok as they are SL-M orders at pre-decided levels. Shorter TF i generally got numbo and punch wrong details in order window. script name wrong, buy instead of sell or vice versa, qty wrong...
copypaste ji .. are you doing ALGO or manual trading?

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Manual .........

wisp

After TSF, I started discretionary trading with niftynirvana

This system was totally not for me for 4 reasons
1) I am not a master of reading charts
2) I did not have the mind for using any discretion during trading hours cos I have a mind that if given discretion, will always find a reason to be in a trade
3) Far too many rules for my simple mind to process
4) Backtesting is not really possible for discretionary trades I think

So after spending many a midnight hour reading and practicing discretion (almost a year of trading the method), I ended my days with discretionary trading in loss but not in huge loss.

Rajesh is a very patient teacher and he taught me a lot about reading charts and I am ever thankful to him for that. He is a great trader who used discretion wisely and is very successful with his method.

Personality wise this was a total mismatch method for me, but it took me a year to realise that which was too bad