MF Tradingview Charts

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
@john302928 bhai did some analysis on mutul fund charts. I am copying his post with his permission here so that others could be benefited from his knowledge.

original post here https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-trading-stocks-futures.89068/page-6504#post-1366953

Its been my long time quest on analyzing Mutual funds using traditional Technical analysis. I am excited that it has come true now because of @siddhant4u

Thanks to @siddhant4u for his valuable help on mutual fund chart.Thanks

This is Analysis on DSP Mutual Fund - DSP Equity Fund - Regular Plan - Dividend

I am just trying to analyse mutual fund charts using my regular analysis method. Personally I feel this MF might follow this count. But I cant say with 100% confidence as this is the first time I am applying the analysis. So I can say I am testing to make sure if Elliot wave analysis/Price action works as said in the theory. I believe it will work. But I am just testing it still.
Coming to the analysis part, I feel this MF might deteriorate as shown for wave A and then pull back for wave B and then wave C down. So it may be unproductive for the next few years. This is just testing and my analysis and not a recommendation. If you ever come to know about this mutual fund instrument like bad news or something , please share it here so that we can gain more confidence whether it will proceed as expected. Thanks
View attachment 35953

Below is analysis of Mirae Asset Mutual Fund - Mirae Asset Savings Fund - Direct Plan - Growth
Once it breaks the last month low then there are high chances it might fall further. I cant say howmuch would be the fall since its uptrend has been gradual movement. But it looks to me like top is in place and once it breaks that low the fall could be a sharp one. But if it breaks the previous month high then this analysis might be invalidated automatically.
View attachment 35955

Below is the analysis on
SBI Mutual Fund - SBI HEALTHCARE OPPORTUNITIES FUND - REGULAR PLAN - DIVIDEND
It looks to me it might detoriate below 60 /55 zones in the next few weeks to months. This analysis is valid as long as price is within the channel approximately
View attachment 35956

Below is the analysis on
SBI Mutual Fund - SBI MAGNUM TAXGAIN SCHEME 1993 - REGULAR PLAN - DIVIDEND
I suspect it might proceed as shown in the below chart
Either wave B is completed or proceeding as triangle and wave C is yet to complete. Once that is completed it might break below the green trendline. after the break of that trendline price might fall considerably and might not recover for few months. Lets see how it goes.
View attachment 35957

These are few random mutual funds analysis. I could be 100% wrong in my analysis. But I would like to stick with my analysis until I am wrong. These analysis are just a test run. Lets see how it goes.Thanks

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
@afin bhai, seems Moving Averages are working fine (i used 3/21/200 just for trial) . E.g one can wait for Higher MA crossover to invest(reinvest/add) in MF for better returns.

disclaimer: All above mf's were recommended by @Smart_trade sometime in past few months. His view might have changed over period and as usual I'm only showing ways to plot and not doing any analysis so don't consider them as buy without research or confirming back with ST Da.

Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund - Growth - Direct Plan

1562669058328.png

@afin bhai, seems Moving Averages are working fine (i used 3/21/200 just for trial) . E.g one can wait for Higher MA crossover to invest(reinvest/add) in MF for better returns.

disclaimer: All above mf's were recommended by @Smart_trade sometime in past few months. His view might have changed over period and as usual I'm only showing ways to plot and not doing any analysis so don't consider them as buy without research or confirming back with ST Da.

Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund - Growth - Direct Plan

View attachment 36067
Yes bhai! Like I said, I am a huge fan of the MAs :) I am so glad to note this works well on the MFs as well. This is highly interesting to note. I might want to see this applied to some ETFs!