Which software is the best?

• Metstock

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Amibroker

Votes: 58 69.0%
  • Any other (Fibotrader, etc.)

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
I've got news... With Global Datafeeds, u can get both rolling as well as contract wise data for all futures and options - equity, currency and commodity.

To get rolling data, use symbols NIFTY-I, NIFTY-II, etc.
To get contract wise data, use symbols NIFTY14MAYFUT, NIFTY14JUNFUT, etc.

For weekly contracts like INDIAVIX, u can get contract wise data with symbols INDIAVIX14MAYFUTW1, INDIAVIX14MAYFUTW2, etc.

There are issues - like missing ticks (I understand that this is a issue with the NSE feed itself), and that they don't provide tick data.

And about Amibroker, I am not happy with things like they don't have a proper Renko chart, etc.

Even with all these issues, is it worth paying the premium for ESignal?
Is it worth paying premium for esignal?

Well, if you are a serious trader and want to trade with proper data , its the only option right now.

Global data feed may have contract wise data , but their feed software has issues like hanging , missing data..etc.

and about price , there is not much difference between esignal and global data feed if you are trading a big account.

Problem is most people here trade small account and hence their profits are not enough to cover the data price.

Think of it this way, Trading is a business and like any business you have expenses and esignal is one of them.

If you know any other reliable hassle free NSE authorized data provider with hassle free charting application , let me know.

trash

- First AB provides esignal feed connection .
- Second IQfeed is a better feed.
- Third Renko, P&F etc charts are old fashioned from stone age when there was no computer yet. In general Bar charts were invented at a time, when people had to chart price action by hand - no computers available. Therefore, in those days traders were trying to simplify the paperwork by squeezing certain packages of information into “bars” and based on that, most technical theories had to use the “compressed” - therefore much less detailed - data to come up with communicable rules and analyses. And since it's much easier to keep repeating pre-chewed theories rather than developing modern, up-to-date ones, you are now stuck with technical analysis still based on technology of the last century.
- Fourth you can draw Renko and anything else with Gfx in AB.
- Fifth Range bars are a more modern alternative to Renko P&F.

Hello,

I know it is a late reply but I just happen to see this post now. I am posting so that readers have correct information.

We provide contract-based as well as back-adjusted futures for NSE F&O since beginning (2010). Please see this user guide article about symbol naming conventions :
http://www.globaldatafeeds.in/resources/ndpUserGuide/index.html?howtoaddsymbols.html
That's great. Now only if you could provide your feed for a professional grade charting app.I will gladly switch over to you. :thumb:

colion

AmiBroker is the clear choice for scanning and backtesting. And it is true that AmiBroker's language, AFL, can be used to produce anything. However, other programs such as Metastock, Dynamic Trader, etc. have useful charting and analyses that are not built into AmiBroker. In addition, many brokers now offer free software to their clients that is very advanced both in terms of charting and analysis - ThinkorSwim is a good example. So unless the built-in functionality of AmiBroker which is arguably somewhat limited meets your needs it will be necessary to spend time learning and executing programming. Some take this route and others combine programs that in total satisfy their needs. It is a matter of personal choice as to which route should be taken - there is no right or wrong answer. Whatever an individual is comfortable with is the right route.

Looks like i can get help here. i want to plot constant range bars in amibroker. Please help me out, is there an afl for it or may be some setting. I currently have gdfl data.
thanks

Looks like i can get help here. i want to plot constant range bars in amibroker. Please help me out, is there an afl for it or may be some setting. I currently have gdfl data.
thanks
you need a tick data for crb, gdfl provides data in 1-min format.
for plotting crb charts you need to get data from esignal or some other realtime tick data provider.

boarders

- First AB provides esignal feed connection .
- Second IQfeed is a better feed.
- Third Renko, P&F etc charts are old fashioned from stone age when there was no computer yet. In general Bar charts were invented at a time, when people had to chart price action by hand - no computers available. Therefore, in those days traders were trying to simplify the paperwork by squeezing certain packages of information into “bars” and based on that, most technical theories had to use the “compressed” - therefore much less detailed - data to come up with communicable rules and analyses. And since it's much easier to keep repeating pre-chewed theories rather than developing modern, up-to-date ones, you are now stuck with technical analysis still based on technology of the last century.
- Fourth you can draw Renko and anything else with Gfx in AB.
- Fifth Range bars are a more modern alternative to Renko P&F.
1. range bars are in no way an alternative to renko and p&f. range bars will plot bars whenever price moves to the range set while renko and p&f will plot new bar only when price makes a move in the direction or 2 times reciprocal to the range. therefore renko and pf are much superior to range bars.
with respect to the above an indicator plotted based on range bar will whipsaw drastically in ranged markets giving rise to many sl triggering trades.

2. renko and pf may be of stone age, but if you analyse carefully, they are the most reliable way to plot price action compared to any other method

mastermind007

thanks
Range bars are built into ami; Although it can also be done in an AFL, it is better if you do it independently of any AFL

Go to Tools -> Prefrences -> Intraday tab and see the lower half portion of the tab (Custom N-tick, N-volume/range.... )
You can enter any value for range and select range from the drop down.

Hit Ok and then right click anywhere on the chart; Under Intraday menu, you will see your choice listed.