• Metstock

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Amibroker

Votes: 58 69.0%
  • Any other (Fibotrader, etc.)

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

nirav_j

Hi, E-Signal provides one month trial for delayed data.
Thanks for the heads up ... Would however need the trial for live data along with the platform...

I just keep hearing people raving about Esignal platform + data, I really want to know its edge.

Cant pay ~ 2,00,000 to just see and feel the much talked about edge.

Hi, I use both Amibroker and Metastock using StocksUP EOD from Viratech costing Rs.11,000/- per year. It update all stocks, future & forex in one hour. Using daily time-frame it is enough. It covers all stocks, MCX, Forex and world market.
Amibroker have many edge for scanning and back-testing and use Metastock for confirmation of signal. Any way it is a killer combination.

throwawayacc123

I see that you totally dislike Amibroker .... Hmm .. :D

Would it be possible for you to post the actual edge that Esignal has over Amibroker ?

Saying you need to see it for yourself doesnt help as I dont believe Esignal offers a trial, for their software or data ....

I'm curious and I'd really like to know the difference ....

For the time being I'm using The AFL shared by Pratapvb, which primarily is based on Vwap/Standard Deviation and n period EMA bands and datafeed is GDFL.

Would like to know what specific feature/s of Esignal betters the information displayed with the above AFL for day trading.

Here is a screen shot of the said AFL. Please do post a screen shot of Esig for better understanding ...

Thanks.
you really have no idea what you are talking about. It's not that i don't dislike amib o r k er.

The real issue is with FNO data feeds. No indian providers gives you contract based data feed like esignal. For e.g. if i want feed and trade for say june contract of nifty i get that data exactly as is from esignal. try that from global data feed or any other indian data provider , they cannot give you that. What they provide is a rolling data feed, which is inaccurate during the expiry dates. that is they give you next month contract , they cannot give you june contract as is to trade,but when you trade you need the exact feed as is or your prices will be all wrong after expiry. This is just one of the major issues.

and about the charting software itself, the version is 11 and very easy to use compared to amibroker(still at 5) and i don't use a single indicator so i don't know why your talking about indicators. indicators don't give you the edge in markerts.

I don't have to explain to anyone here how good esignal is. each of their own. trade whatever works for you.

but all i can say is this , till today there is not a Single proper data provider in India, so i m forced to take esignal....

still waiting for that day when Indian markets mature, till then we can argue all we want, it's not going to help.

nirav_j

you really have no idea what you are talking about. It's not that i don't dislike amib o r k er.

The real issue is with FNO data feeds. No indian providers gives you contract based data feed like esignal. For e.g. if i want feed and trade for say june contract of nifty i get that data exactly as is from esignal. try that from global data feed or any other indian data provider , they cannot give you that. What they provide is a rolling data feed, which is inaccurate during the expiry dates. that is they give you next month contract , they cannot give you june contract as is to trade,but when you trade you need the exact feed as is or your prices will be all wrong after expiry. This is just one of the major issues.
I think I have a fair idea about what I'm asking. I wanted to know whats the edge that the Uber expensive datafeed/platform has over GDFL and Amibroker combo .. and you mentioned far month contracts ....

These are GDFL Charts, Nifty-I May Contract and Nifty-II June Contract.

So you are saying that you pay 2,00,000 for this, which is actually available for almost 1/10th of the cost ?

and about the charting software itself, the version is 11 and very easy to use compared to amibroker(still at 5) and i don't use a single indicator so i don't know why your talking about indicators. indicators don't give you the edge in markerts.
You are joking, right ? 11>5 ? :D

I don't have to explain to anyone here how good esignal is. each of their own. trade whatever works for you.

but all i can say is this , till today there is not a Single proper data provider in India, so i m forced to take esignal....

still waiting for that day when Indian markets mature, till then we can argue all we want, it's not going to help.
Yes, you dont owe an explanation to anyone including me about esignal and their platform. I totally agree with you when you say - to each, their own.

I was just curious which is why I asked. Seems I have stepped on a raw nerve. :eek:

throwawayacc123

Charting software don't give you the edge, your strategy and your understanding of markets give you the edge. Doesn't matter if you use esignal or amiborker or any other xyz software. end of the day you have to make money.

I reason i use esignal is because Global data feed cannot give month based contract feed which is what we trade on day to day basis. They rollover the prices which is not a good standard. you probably don't know this , but every futures exchange in the world uses month based contract and not the I.II,III convention. That changes prices action and every indicator and strategy outcome will be different because of it. The NIFTY-I and NIFTY-II is wrong data.

I have had discussions and arguments with global data feeds and neo trade analytics and they agreed to what i said and admitted their mistake in the feed and they also said they would provide proper month based contract. Still haven't heard from them.

so yes global data feed and every other vendor don't gives proper data, hence i have to use esignal which is the only one out there who gives proper data.

When i was talking about version i meant how mature the software has become. Amibroker still has a long way to go , may be when it reaches 11 it will be as good as esignal. :D

And i still maintain the opinion that amibroker is a rubbish software for gullible poeple who want to use indicators to trade.

Sorry if it hurts you, but it is the truth.

trash

AB can use esignal data feed also. And since AB is far superior software to esignal's software package there is no need to use esignal software package but just their feed in AB. Esignal programming language alone is pretty stupid and old fashioned. Besides IQfeed is better feed than esignal anyway which AB can use also. So actually there is no need to use esignal at all.

As for why AB is at 5.xx

Well, version numbering goes this way i.e. AB 5.70, 5.71, 5.72,...5.80, 5.81, 5.82, ....

Esignals version numbering probably goes way 0, 11, 22, ... ;)

But anyway no idea what lower version numbers have got to do with what actually can be done with each software. It's got nothing to do with it at all. Only simple minded clueless people would think that way.

No matter what there is an old saying ... a fool with a tool is still a fool. Or translated to .... a software alone doesn't cash in any money if you don't know what to do with it or do it completely wrong.

augubhai

I've got news... With Global Datafeeds, u can get both rolling as well as contract wise data for all futures and options - equity, currency and commodity.

To get rolling data, use symbols NIFTY-I, NIFTY-II, etc.
To get contract wise data, use symbols NIFTY14MAYFUT, NIFTY14JUNFUT, etc.

For weekly contracts like INDIAVIX, u can get contract wise data with symbols INDIAVIX14MAYFUTW1, INDIAVIX14MAYFUTW2, etc.

There are issues - like missing ticks (I understand that this is a issue with the NSE feed itself), and that they don't provide tick data.

And about Amibroker, I am not happy with things like they don't have a proper Renko chart, etc.

Even with all these issues, is it worth paying the premium for ESignal?