• Metstock

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Amibroker

Votes: 58 69.0%
  • Any other (Fibotrader, etc.)

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

manishchan

I find Ami quite good. Love the fact that is is so much customizable starting from coding to tool, windows, data etc. Havn't used Metastock but I'm happy with Ami... may be coz I'm used it it. :D

@throwawayacc : which software do you use ?

throwawayacc123

I find Ami quite good. Love the fact that is is so much customizable starting from coding to tool, windows, data etc. Havn't used Metastock but I'm happy with Ami... may be coz I'm used it it. :D

@throwawayacc : which software do you use ?
esignal.

Unfortunately, that is the only option. I have tried every charting app + data providers before settling with esignal.

have been using for nearly 1.5 years now. Hopefully Zerodha will come out with something interesting,but yes there is no substitute for esignal in the market as of now.

manishchan

esignal.

Unfortunately, that is the only option. I have tried every charting app + data providers before settling with esignal.

have been using for nearly 1.5 years now. Hopefully Zerodha will come out with something interesting,but yes there is no substitute for esignal in the market as of now.
I also hv such expectation from Zerodha.. lets see
So what are the differences between esignal and ami other than data source.

throwawayacc123

So what are the differences between esignal and ami other than data source.
Too many to list down.

you have to use esignal and only then you will know the difference.

most people here cannot afford it because it will cost around 12K/month for charting + NSE + MCX feed. Now 12K/month should not be a such a big expense for full time traders trading with a decent size account. It's just the cost of 1 or 2 trades for me. Think of it as business expense.

if you are full time day trader trading with decent size account AND if you are consistent, you can afford esignal.

manishchan

Too many to list down.

you have to use esignal and only then you will know the difference.

most people here cannot afford it because it will cost around 12K/month for charting + NSE + MCX feed. Now 12K/month should not be a such a big expense for full time traders trading with a decent size account. It's just the cost of 1 or 2 trades for me. Think of it as business expense.

if you are full time day trader trading with decent size account AND if you are consistent, you can afford esignal.
I am full time but still trying to figure out what does decent size account mean. :) Some people trade with 10-20K while others with 5, 10, 20 lakhs. Lotwise.. beginners trade with 1 lot..and veterans with 10, 20 lots. Now which one is decent size acc ? :D

throwawayacc123

I am full time but still trying to figure out what does decent size account mean. :) Some people trade with 10-20K while others with 5, 10, 20 lakhs. Lotwise.. beginners trade with 1 lot..and veterans with 10, 20 lots. Now which one is decent size acc ? :D
Anything above 10 lacs is decent size. you should comfortably make 10 % a month, that is around 1 lac/month.

you will never make it with 10-20K account size. you cannot make a living with anything less than 5 lacs.

manishchan

Anything above 10 lacs is decent size. you should comfortably make 10 % a month, that is around 1 lac/month.

you will never make it with 10-20K account size. you cannot make a living with anything less than 5 lacs.
Thanks.. acc size of 10 lacs is my target.. but not there yet :)

nirav_j

I don't know about metastock. But amibroker is the worst.
I see that you totally dislike Amibroker .... Hmm .. :D

Would it be possible for you to post the actual edge that Esignal has over Amibroker ?

Saying you need to see it for yourself doesnt help as I dont believe Esignal offers a trial, for their software or data ....

I'm curious and I'd really like to know the difference ....

For the time being I'm using The AFL shared by Pratapvb, which primarily is based on Vwap/Standard Deviation and n period EMA bands and datafeed is GDFL.

Would like to know what specific feature/s of Esignal betters the information displayed with the above AFL for day trading.

Here is a screen shot of the said AFL. Please do post a screen shot of Esig for better understanding ...

Thanks.

Hi, E-Signal provides one month trial for delayed data. I think problem with Amibroker seems due to easy coding people try to to find holy-grail instead for trading.

manishchan

Hi, E-Signal provides one month trial for delayed data. I think problem with Amibroker seems due to easy coding people try to to find holy-grail instead for trading.
So you saying dt.. coz coding according to one's need is easy for Ami.. this is prone to self destruction of a trader. And that is why Esignal is better than Ami..

Wah.. what a thought.. :clapping::D