Markets & After hours

avny

20 SMA EOD enter and forget system

I have 3 years charting data from Sharekhan TT's, which am looking at to find a 'trade and forget' positional system with EOD entry/exit. Right now the basic idea is to study the data which seems workable. The question is : does it provide good RR, is consistently profitable over time, which one can trade with full confidence.? If the answer to all three is yes, further tweaks can be made to have the system for 1. Adds, 2. To take runaway profits, and 3 Avoid choppy/flat 20 SMA line after a big trend. That will be for later though. Presently done with study of 2010 data. It is better this way to do it in parts so as to check for any losing period, rather than focusing on a big gain for the entire period.

Rather than stating that the system works, I would rather look for weakness or failure pointed out - to know of any bias or flaws in my thinking. A robust system should stand scrutiny and any criticism is most welcome. So presently will move forward, but will assume that the system is wrong and cannot make money. Only somebody needs to point it out why it is so.

One criticism can be made that any tweaks in the system will be subjective and prone to human bias. I agree, that could be possible as well. So will analyse the data without tweaks and with tweaks - but all based on solid logic.

Any comments/feedback/criticism most welcome.
If u r really interested in making a system,out of this,than invite "jamit" to comment on this

he has good understanding of different systems and ability to find weakness and plenty of suggestions

thanks

Ek Indian or Ek American dono dost the…..

Dono ek din ek chocolate store me gye…

Waha sab logo ko busy dekh kar American ne 3 chocolate chura Li..

Jab dono bahar aaye to American bola :

Man I'm the best thief ever,

I stole 3 chocolates and no one saw me, u cant beat that.

Indian replied : You wanna see something better,
let's go back to the shop and I'll show you real stealing.

So they went to the counter and Indian said to the Shop boy :

Do you wanna see magic ?

Shop boy replied : "Yes."

Indian said : Give me one chocolate bar.

The shop boy gave him one, and he ate it.

He asked for the second, and he ate that as well.

He asked for the third, and finished that one too.

then shop boy asked : But where's the magic ?

Indian replied : Check in my friend's pocket,
You'll find them...!:D:lol:

Last edited:

DSM

DSM

Thanks Avny. I have PM'md Jamit requesting his feedback.

If u r really interested in making a system,out of this,than invite "jamit" to comment on this

he has good understanding of different systems and ability to find weakness and plenty of suggestions

thanks

DSM

The guru and his langot

In a small village lived a young but married man, who was disillusioned with the material world and decided to renounce his wife and children and went to live in a remote village in the Himalayas. He used to sit in meditation and prayers with no worldly possession except for his langot (cotton underwear). The villagers used to come and provide for his food, as they were happy to hear the discourse and preaching from the guru, and so they made a small bamboo cottage for him.

This went on for sometime, but the guru had a problem of rats in the hut. The loin cloth that he would put up for drying after wash, would be gnawed by the numerous rats in the house, and they would also disturb his sleep. The guru was troubled by this, as he had to repeatedly get new langots. To overcome this problem, it was suggested by the villagers that he should keep a cat in his house and this would take care of the rats. This seemed a perfect solution. So the villagers gave him a cat, and this one problem was solved. But now a new problem arose, once the cat ate the rats... i.e of feeding the cat. To overcome this problem, the villagers suggested to their beloved guru that they would all contribute money and gift him a cow. This would take care of the problem of feeding the cat, and the cow would provide milk for the guru as well as the cat. This too seemed a perfect solution, so a cow was bought in. However, the problem was now that the cow needed grass. The villagers said to themselves 'it does not seem right for the guru to spend time cutting grass for the cow and taking care of the cat as well, instead of spending time in meditation and prayers'. So for this, another solution was found.

The villagers suggested that a young woman whose husband had died, would be sent to serve the guru. She could then take care of the cat, cow, cut grass, and also cook food for the guru, and she would be there to serve him in case he was sick or ill. The idea too seemed right — as it always seems so. It was not much effort to persuade the woman; as the guru was popular and he would be able to provide for her needs..... and she was alone and neglected.... So this is how it went.... The woman started to cultivate grass, and grew some vegetables as well. The woman was beautiful, the guru was young. What more is needed? They worked together in the field, they started growing grass, vegetables and wheat. Now there was excess of wheat produced, which they decided to sell in the market, and they also appointed a few labourers to farm the field.... The cat was very happy and the cow was very happy, the guru, the woman were happy as well. Out of the money earned from selling excess of wheat.... the guru has now turned to money lending business for the poor villagers and his newly constructed house in place of the old hut is the biggest in the village.... Now all this because of a langot. :) :) :)