Profit/Loss ---
Unrealized--> 15250 (positive)
Realized---> -13632.51 (Negative)

Can anyone explains me..

Thanks

View Details
Hi KK,

This means you are in profit.
You have already spend of ~13.6k by buying put option.
If you sell it with your LTP you can get 15.2k.
So +15.2k-13.6k will be your net profit.

Hi AW10

Can you please mention Strategies which does not have shorting/writing Call and Put options. I have Demat accounts with 2 brokers. In one they wont allow shorting and in other one they allow but I need to deposit huge amount for shorting one lot of nifty. So can you please mention few Strategies for Nifty with out Short in it. Can I use the same strategy to Stock Options with good Liquidity?

Thank you

DanPickUp

Hi AW10

Can you please mention Strategies which does not have shorting/writing Call and Put options. I have Demat accounts with 2 brokers. In one they wont allow shorting and in other one they allow but I need to deposit huge amount for shorting one lot of nifty. So can you please mention few Strategies for Nifty with out Short in it. Can I use the same strategy to Stock Options with good Liquidity?

Thank you
Hi nayarock

I misinterpreted your question the first time and I edited the post because of that reason.

If you go one leg long and an other leg short ( like a credit spread ), this should not be a problem to a broker and the margin ( deposit for the trade ) will come down.

If your broker does not accept such trades, you may have to clearly inform him, that this two legs ( one long option and one short option ) belong to the same trade and that you will trade them always as one strategy. You may even have to tell him the name of the strategy you trade. This may helps to get a lower margin for the trade and you strictly have to trade it the way you told your broker.

If he is a pro, then he has a matrix and he will see each leg which belongs to the other leg. This comes into play, when you have a lot of trades on with different legs and the broker starts to lose control over your legs. Also you have to be careful when trading many strategies at once. If you make a mistake, you shot down your own legs and then you can get in trouble with your margin account.

I do not like to tell or to show the broker, what I am planing. But this may is not possible in option trading in India.

If you sell both legs ( like you do in a short straddle ) then it is clear, that they take a higher margin like they do in other countries.

If you only buy your legs, then the broker has the money and he no more has to care about that until expiration or until you buy the option back.

If you only want to use buying strategies it is your decision.

The strategies also work for stocks, at least in the states.

Here a few only buying strategies :

- Long call ( buy one call otm, atm or itm )

- Long put ( buy one put otm, atm or itm )

- Long straddle ( buy put and buy call with the same strike price ).

- Long strangle ( Buy lower strike puts and buy higher strike calls )

- Strip ( Buy two puts and one call with same strike and expiration )

- Strap ( Buy one put and two calls with same strike and expiration )

- Long synthetic Straddle ( Buy one stock and two atm puts )

- Guts ( Buy lower strike calls and higher strike puts )

Each one of this strategies has his own risk and the use of them must be under clear, in advanced defined market conditions.

AW10 trades in India and he surely has to give you some more ideas or answers to your question.

Take care

DanPickUp

Last edited:

AW10

Hi AW10

Thank you
Nayarock, DanPickUp has already given u many strategies that has no writing components.

But in my view, BUY ONLY strategies are most riskiest of the lot.. and in order for them to work, your analysis of Market Direction, Market Timing and Speed of move - all has to be right at the same time. Otherwise, slow timedecay will eat away the profit margin.

And more legs u have in the strategy, higher is the -ive impact of timedecay.

That's why, real option trader, have SHORT option leg in their strategy.
Ofcourse, there are times in the market when Long Options are more profitable.. but they are very few occassions specailly when volatilty is low and market is stuck in a range and hence range breakout + expansion in volatility is expected.

My sincere suggestion is either stay with current broker and trade sub-optimal, more risky option trades.. or move on to other option friendly broker. Finally it is your decision.

Happy Trading

Hello,

Question to experts, please explain this scenerio:

1) I purchase 1 nifty lot PE 5600(put) @ 270--13500
Current bid price--->320
Current offer price-->340
Simple scenerio--> I sold tomorrow @ 320--> 50*50=2500 rs. I took home
as profit

I don't sell it till expiry.. market is still below break even point But with time
value decreasing, premium is @ 140.
Am in loss now ?
Or at automatic expiry, I will be in profit, please help me to calculate intrinsic value how it comes .

Break even point 5330
suppose At expiry market closed 5250. premium 140..
Where I am in this scenerio ?

Thanks
cool.

AW10

Hello,

Question to experts, please explain this scenerio:

1) I purchase 1 nifty lot PE 5600(put) @ 270--13500
Current bid price--->320
Current offer price-->340
Simple scenerio--> I sold tomorrow @ 320--> 50*50=2500 rs. I took home
as profit

I don't sell it till expiry.. market is still below break even point But with time
value decreasing, premium is @ 140.
Am in loss now ?
Or at automatic expiry, I will be in profit, please help me to calculate intrinsic value how it comes .

Break even point 5330
suppose At expiry market closed 5250. premium 140..Where I am in this scenerio ?

Thanks
cool.
This is just not possible. Market doesn't behave so irrationally. It is free money and all traders will jump to buy it. A option trading below its intrinsic value is bargain.
So when mkt is at 5250, your 5600 put has intrinsic value i.e. real value of 5600-5250 = 350 rs. No way it is gonna trade at 140 rs.
At expiry, timevalue becomes zero and hence your option is settled at intrinsic value .. which is for put = strike price - settlement price.

i.e. if u leave the options till expiry, u will get 350*50 = 17500. as profit.

Happy Trading

This is just not possible. Market doesn't behave so irrationally. It is free money and all traders will jump to buy it. A option trading below its intrinsic value is bargain.
So when mkt is at 5250, your 5600 put has intrinsic value i.e. real value of 5600-5250 = 350 rs. No way it is gonna trade at 140 rs.
At expiry, timevalue becomes zero and hence your option is settled at intrinsic value .. which is for put = strike price - settlement price.

i.e. if u leave the options till expiry, u will get 350*50 = 17500. as profit.

Happy Trading
Thanks AW10 for awsome explanation.
I was getting worried as my first trade and thinking of selling it off.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I guess in calculation I need to subtract 13500+112=13612 which is my purchase value. (270*50,112 brokerage)

so it should be 17500-13612= 3888 profit..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.