Looking for a mentor in option trading

oldtrader

Bought the course material. Yes, it is good on the face of it. Still I am working on it and have many clarifications. I have sent the list of queries to Dilip. The quality of the course will be based on how he would provide practical answers to those questions. I am waiting for his reply. Before I write in a general forum, I should have complete idea about it. I should not be misguiding someone. Once I experience the course completely I will write about it in the forum. It is premature to judge, because the ‘After sales service’ is what decides the quality ;)
Are u using the strategies from the course, if yes how are the results. Are they commensurate with the testimonials shown at the site.

After using Dilip's course here are my views about it. These are my personal experience about the course and they need not apply for each and every individual.
I did not have much knowledge in options when I bought Dilip's course. I did not know the greeks and its implications. I learnt all that from traderji and zerodha varsity later. Then only I was able to understand the contents of the course. That course is just a start and we need to put a lot of effort to understand that and implement it. The idea is workable, it depends on how we execute it. I back tested it and the results were fair. I used it with combination of TA. Just blindly following the strategy as it is may not be profitable, may be it can break even. We have to get the idea and work upon it and create our own strategy. Now my effort is towards that only I am picking up ideas from the courses and creating my own method. It really helps that way.

For experienced option traders who are already versed in strategies there is nothing much for them in the course. It explains a practical application of an existing option strategy with clear example.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited:

gemat

I am very new to option trading. I have read many articles and viewed videos regarding option trading but still i am afraid of trading options because my lack of full understanding of options itself. Before putting my real money into option trading i want to carry out paper trading with NSE pathshalla. But I am not able to fully comprehend the concept of options? eg what strike price should I use for a trade. Option trading is one of the most confusing concept in the market.

Can anyone with option trading experience will mentor me or others like me (using NSE pathshalla) to teach about option trading ?

Example (long call stragtgey): the mentor would recommend buy call option for certain contract (ACC nov ) with a strike price of x and tell us why we are using this strike price and when is the best time to square off.

I just want to learn the basics of option trading by experience from a professional trader.
Zerodha is offering an free internet course on this subject. it is a long and comprehensive course. but very easy understand. you will learn about options greeks which is must when you are an options trader.
http://zerodha.com/varsity/module/option-theory/

i have purchased this course and have found it very good. I have returns of around 4-5% per month.
I dont know much about options and i dont want to know more than wht this course has offered. My objective of making consistent return on month on month basis without too much monitoring has been fulfilled. Its gives you passive income,

The course is not for people looking intra day trading options or naked options or want to understand and want to apply greeks of options as greeks are not at all covered in the course.

regds,
s

oldtrader

i have purchased this course and have found it very good. I have returns of around 4-5% per month.
I dont know much about options and i dont want to know more than wht this course has offered. My objective of making consistent return on month on month basis without too much monitoring has been fulfilled. Its gives you passive income,

The course is not for people looking intra day trading options or naked options or want to understand and want to apply greeks of options as greeks are not at all covered in the course.

regds,
s
Pls backtest before trading the strategy. I have backtested for the year 2015. The results are not satisfactory. It is a complete waste of time. Please see the attached file for trade details.

http://www.filedropper.com/1234_1

Last edited:

the price is 5000, but the results claimed in the course are not matching with the backtest results. I did backtesting for the year 2015 and ended up with 100 pts loss.

regds,
s
Pls backtest before trading the strategy. I have backtested for the year 2015. The results are not satisfactory. It is a complete waste of time. Please see the attached file for trade details.

http://www.megafileupload.com/6jw6/paper_trades
One famous Bengali proverb.............:Thada poriya Baga mare Fakirer keramati" it means Herons perish in cyclone and credit goes to the fakir :D:lol:

oldtrader

One famous Bengali proverb.............:Thada poriya Baga mare Fakirer keramati" it means Herons perish in cyclone and credit goes to the fakir :D:lol:
Eventhough u have translated the proverb, still am not clear by what u mean. pls explain in detail.