LIBRARY : Intraday Mini FLow

TFL

Dear All,

I am requesting all of you my Seniors and Friends to check the data below and report if there is anything wrong in it.

Thank you.
Hari.

-----------------Starts Here-----------------
REVERSAL
4 Bar Rule
Conditions for 4 bar rule to apply.
1. Chart Time Frame: 30 Minute.
2. Min no. of 'Completed Bars' needed: 4.
3. Each bar must be HH, HL for longs or LH, LL for shorts.
If the above two satisfies, then move SAR to the low of 2nd bar in long positions and high of 2nd bar in short positions.

Eg: For Long positions.
Bar 1: -------
Bar 2: HH,HL
Bar 3: HH,HL
Bar 4: HH,HL(completed bar)
Shift SAR to Bar 2's Low.
Bar 5: HH,HL (No need for completion of this bar provided, the bar satisfies HH HL)
Shift SAR to Bar 3's Low
Bar 6: HH,HL (No need for completion of this bar provided, the bar satisfies HH HL)
Shift SAR to Bar 4's Low
----goes like that---

Note:
Inorder to apply this 4 bar rule we need the 4th bar completed in 30min.
There after the 4th bar we don't need the bars completed to shift SAR to the bar before the last completed bar provided, we get a new high(in case of long) or low(in case of short) from the incomplete bar.
In short, we only need the 4th bar completed to apply 4 bar rule and no need of 5th, 6th, etc to shift SAR to

Exception:
In certain circumstances we will shift SAR to 2nd bar even before the 4th bar is completed.
For doing this we need the below conditions satisfied.
Condition 1: In 60min Chart, We need the 2nd bars high(in case of short) or low(in case of long) same as 60 min bar(last completed bar) high(in case of short) or low(in case of long).
Condition 2: The last 60 min bar should be a Wide Range Bar (WRB).
Condition 3: The negation of that 60 min bar in the very next bar is bullish for long positions and bearish for short positions.
-----------------Ends Here-----------------

Sunil

Seniors and my Friends,

I am requesting you to please check the accuracy of this and report me of the errors of the below.

First Move, Second Move?

Thank you.
Hari.
I agree with this, hari....
i think this is what ST meant too in today's EOD post...

i would just add that the filter/room for first move would remain at 14...
and for second move, as you rightly said, it's 7

confirm with ST too...

HATS OFF HARI TO YOUR DETAILING & FINE-TUNING....
u have won my heart
:)
GOD BLESS YOU

i'll always be there for you in this endeavourr of yours...

(i'll delete this by coming sunday - dont worry - i realise the importance of a library thread & the quality of posts which are meant to be in it)

Sunil

Dear All,

I am requesting all of you my Seniors and Friends to check the data below and report if there is anything wrong in it.

Thank you.
Hari.

-----------------Starts Here-----------------
REVERSAL

-----------------Ends Here-----------------
Hari,
i think the ONLY exception to 4bar rule is when there's is a pivot in lower TF ie15/20...
YOU HAVE TO MENTION this non-existence of a pivot bar in lower TF
and that the pivot is given priority over 4bar rule..
go through saint's post about 4bar which i posted today...

the rest of exception, which u mentioned, are not hard-n-fast rules... and frankly, i have never seen such exception posts...

i hope Saint sir answers my & Karnani sir's query today abt the 4 bar rule

TFL

(i'll delete this by coming sunday - dont worry - i realise the importance of a library thread & the quality of posts which are meant to be in it)
Thank you for your floweriness post. I better like to all the posts remain here rather than deleting. Library references will be limited to the first 10 posts. But I meant to delete only off topic discussions.

Thank you.
Hari.

Sunil

i liked this ST's query & post:

Not many posts here this evening.Everyone enjoying profits ?

Saint are you feeling well ? If so please guide me on my following doubt.

I am posting NF 30 min chart below :

We had a strong breakout bar at 2:00 yesterday (23-10-08) .The next bar was a bearish bar (black candle ) as a resting bar. I have read a rule that the resting bar is ok but the next bar after resting bar has to continue in the direction of WRB (bullish in our example).If it breaks the low of the resting bar then reverse.

There could be 2-3 sideways movement bars after WRB and we will assume the first bar as resting bar but 2nd bar can break the low of the resting bar in a sideways movement and we will reverse our position prematurely on break of resting bar low (low of 1st bar of the sideways movement. How do we guard against this premature reversal ?

Should we cosider the length of the resting bar ? In our case resting bar was a WRB in itself so I was very confident of reversing below the low of this bar but had it been a smallish bar,then I would not have been very sure of reversal if this bar,s low is cracked in next 1-2 bars.

How do I solve this bit of a dilema ?

Answer at your convenience.

Smart_trade

here's the reply by Saint Sir:

SmartTrade,

You have yourself resolved the dilemma.....and bang in target as always.A WRB to the up,on increased volumes moving quick and steep, is followed by a resting candle that is a bearish candle usually negating half or more than half of the previous WRB.......Look to short the low of that candle.Most of the times it goes your way,sometimes it doesn't as is in most things trading related.And,yes,in contrast,a nrb after a wrb only adds to the bullishness of the entire pattern.

The negation of the entire wrb is confirmation of the bearishness........you could even add to your short positions on the negation of the entire WRB.

Saint

this qualifies as FAILURE OF REVERSAL condition

FILTERS

NIFTY FUTURES
Entry: 14 from 1st 5 min bar.
SAR: 7 points.
Adds: 5 points.

RIL
Entry: __ from 1st 5 min bar.
SAR: __ points.
Adds: __ points.

L & T
Entry: __ from 1st 5 min bar.
SAR: __ points.
Adds: __ points.

Hari.

Dear Friends,

From what I have copied and pasted from earlier posts

STATUTORY WARNING - Unless Seniors confirm this to be true... Please refrain from using

stock entry/reversal/add
NF 14/7/5
LT 12/8/5 or 10/8/5
HDIL 1.5/1/1
JPA 1/1/1
RELCAPITA 10/7/5

Regards,

SK

Thank a million Hari for starting this thread. I must say you are the true follower of great Saint and wish you will also reach those heights in future. All the best.

You already have true follower.

Sachin Samani.