Learning to catch High Probability Breakouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitrandive

Instead of Weekly Chart of HCLtech what we see is are pics of chinese/korean models/heroes.
You put up this picture for the weekly chart..

But tinypic.com was showing this picture..

and Raghuveer, the left one looks like a male, but I am not sure about the other fellow :D
Thanks for the error,but my browser is showing the correct picture.A weekly chart of HCLTech.
Not sure how the error cropped up.

Last edited:

Sunnyraj

Importance of Technical Analysis

Excellent words by Paul tudor jones.

But i didn't understand these lines " There is no training, classroom or otherwise, that can prepare for trading the last third of a move, whether it's the end of a bull market or the end of a bear market.There's typically no logic to it; irrationality reigns supreme and no class room can teach what to do during that brief, volatile reign.

Can anyone take an effort to explain these lines. :)

amitrandive

Excellent words by Paul tudor jones.

But i didn't understand these lines " There is no training, classroom or otherwise, that can prepare for trading the last third of a move, whether it's the end of a bull market or the end of a bear market.There's typically no logic to it; irrationality reigns supreme and no class room can teach what to do during that brief, volatile reign.

Can anyone take an effort to explain these lines. :)
Sunnyraj

My humble attempt to decipher these wise words.

Fundamentals might be good for the first third or first 50 or 60 percent of a move, but the last third of a great bull market is typically a blow-off, whereas the mania runs wild and prices go parabolic.

Any market move can be broken down into three sections viz;the top,the middle and the bottom.
No amount of formal training or education can prepare us for these types of blast offs or blast downs which occur at the tops and bottoms.Volatility is very high in these periods and markets become irrational.

No indicator,chart patterns or anything works during this extreme periods of volatility.The only training which can save us is market experience and strong psychology.

Experts/Seniors may correct me in this.

Sunnyraj

Sunnyraj

My humble attempt to decipher these wise words.

Fundamentals might be good for the first third or first 50 or 60 percent of a move, but the last third of a great bull market is typically a blow-off, whereas the mania runs wild and prices go parabolic.

Any market move can be broken down into three sections viz;the top,the middle and the bottom.
No amount of formal training or education can prepare us for these types of blast offs or blast downs which occur at the tops and bottoms.Volatility is very high in these periods and markets become irrational.

No indicator,chart patterns or anything works during this extreme periods of volatility.The only training which can save us is market experience and strong psychology.

Experts/Seniors may correct me in this.

Thanks for the explanation..! :)

I was going through some of his quotes and i found this.

"I believe the very best money is made at the market turns. Everyone says you get killed trying to pick tops and bottoms and you make all your money by playing the trend in the middle. Well for twelve years I have been missing the meat in the middle but I have made a lot of money at tops and bottoms."

Reference: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-tk-best-things-paul-tudor-jones-has-ever-said-2011-8?IR=T#i-believe-the-very-best-money-is-made-at-the-market-turns-everyone-says-you-get-killed-trying-to-pick-tops-and-bottoms-and-you-make-all-your-money-by-playing-the-trend-in-the-middle-well-for-twelve-years-i-have-been-missing-the-meat-in-the-middle-but-i-have-made-a-lot-of-money-at-tops-and-bottoms-14

amitrandive

MultiYear Breakout

Ranbaxy has frustrated many investors by remaining in a band of Rs 400 to Rs 600 from 2003 to 2014.This year start of the year it has broken the band and reached Rs 700 levels.

Interesting to see whether it can sustain this breakout.Should have a healthy pullback to 700 levels to be able to kake off again.

Weekly chart of Ranbaxy

Daily chart of Ranbaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.