Journal for PaperTraded options

VJAY

Ok...i think now it's ok.....

DanPickUp

Ok

You had this bottom around 4710 ( approximately, do not hang me up for that ). Market moved up to around 5190, fall down, came up again to 5190 and then dropped as we had a double top.

Assuming we are now at the second time around 5190 and we want to enter the market, as we recognize the double top. What could we do or how could we enter a trade now?

What kind of ideas could we may have to trade from that beginning point with out using much money or what kind of strategy could we use to trade live with real money on such a situation ?

DanPickUp

Your second chart shows the VIX for Nifty and you tell, that you sold put on the first double top.

Volatility felled down from 38 to 31.

What did you plan to do now or what did you do with your put?

Where was the nifty strike when you sold on top of volatility and where was nifty when volatility was on 31 ?

VJAY
what is the software you use to paper trade options
i have very few idea about options
i want to paper trade in options
from where do i get the things required

VJAY

VJAY
what is the software you use to paper trade options
i have very few idea about options
i want to paper trade in options
from where do i get the things required
Dear sayantan,
it's Option oracle software...using it keep watch positions only....this is not any trading software :)
Check software section in traderji ...you can get more information there.....
If you not know anything about options please go through some good threads here and get knowledge about it...it take time & harwork....without trading :)

I am very much new to this field means for option. I had done equity trading. I am just learning now about options. Actual trading will start soon.
I have 1 problem
Suppose I had taken Reliance call at 26 (strike price =800) (1 lot of size 250) when spot price of reliance is 814. Then I had sell my call option on same day at 31 (strike price =800) and at that time spot price of reliance is 822. Forget the brokerage & taxes for time being. My breakeven is at 826 so what is the loss or profit & how is calculated?
Whether spot price should be greater than only strike price or it should be greater than (strike price + Premium) for square off the position on any date before expiry in case of stock options?

VJAY

I am very much new to this field means for option. I had done equity trading. I am just learning now about options. Actual trading will start soon.
I have 1 problem
Suppose I had taken Reliance call at 26 (strike price =800) (1 lot of size 250) when spot price of reliance is 814. Then I had sell my call option on same day at 31 (strike price =800) and at that time spot price of reliance is 822. Forget the brokerage & taxes for time being. My breakeven is at 826 so what is the loss or profit & how is calculated?
Whether spot price should be greater than only strike price or it should be greater than (strike price + Premium) for square off the position on any date before expiry in case of stock options?
Hope it clears...31-26=5*250=1250 is your profit exclude other charges :)

Thanks Mr Vjay.
That means I can square off my position even if my breakeven point is not reached. I mean requirement to square off is - spot price must be greater than strike price only and not strike price + Premium
Is it right?

Regards

Last edited: