Journal : Day Trading for fun

soft_trader

Why don't you switch to other broker, or negotiate with Sharekhan? I also have an account with Sharekhan brokerage is 0.025% (intraday). You should negotiate with your broker, coz, 0.07% is too much brokerage that you are paying.

You can also try Zerodha, 0.01% or Rs. 20/- whichever is lower.

trader15

Why don't you switch to other broker, or negotiate with Sharekhan? I also have an account with Sharekhan brokerage is 0.025% (intraday). You should negotiate with your broker, coz, 0.07% is too much brokerage that you are paying.

You can also try Zerodha, 0.01% or Rs. 20/- whichever is lower.
I'm planning to shift to zerodha only. Been lazy to open new bank account with axis for zerodha.

trader15

Today's trades:

2000 IDFC : Topped by another 750: Incorrect market timing: Kept drifting lower:
--- Options data had bearish signals
--- While waiting for an upmove to recover some losses and reverse trade,
nifty went up like tsunami above 5400, and helped me make money

--> Sold : 137.75, Buy:136.45 : Net: Rs. 3.5K minus brokerage

Closed Nifty CE: 5400: 3 lots
---> Brought@ 94: 3/4 days earlier
----> Sold@ 111.25 ---> Net : 17/lot
-------> Sold at Spot Nifty @ 5420 : Resistance level: 5430

Tomorrow nifty may open gap up due to greek talks, but phir "kal kisne dekha hai"
especially for options...

trader15

For anyone interested in knowing trading capital:

-- For intraday margin play: 40K
-- For Options: Was 17K, with todays gain: stands at 19K

My max targets and stop loss are:
-- Intraday: 5%
-- Options: 10% (Though i hold options overnight if I'm confident of macro trend: bad habit: never pays)

Last edited:

trader15

For my intraday Stock Positions: I'm using the options data to find out the stocks to play with.

Not tested throughly, but have seen it working, and experimented on 1 or 2 trades.

Only Catch for this strategy is that stock should have liquidity and atleast few option strike prices active with decent volume.

Another strategy which i have used and made money : Volume Trend. If there is upmove in price coupled with 2X - 5X volume increase, price keeps going up irrespective of Nifty Trend.

How to identify stocks: I do not use amibroker or any technical analysis tools. I keep looking for calls from idiots on money rediff dot com, and then analyze the stocks using above two approaches.

Most of idiots recommending are incorrect about the timeframe, so pick cheeries, test them and keep watch, you will definetly taste sweet success