investing software???

sh50

Originally posted by amc@Mar 11 2004, 05:05 PM
If you are looking for a technical analysis software then nothing comes close to MetaStock
Is metastock available in India and can be worked on Indian stock market. I have heard that these softwares have data available so that no time is wasted in inputting.

sh50

Originally posted by amc@Mar 11 2004, 09:06 PM
You can use a combination of trend indicators like moving averages and overbought/oversold indicators like RSI or Stockastics for swing trading.

have a look at this tutorial on swing trading

Maybe you can make a request to traderji for some info on swing trading
Which charting service is one supposed to use. Is the one at nes-india good enough or is there anything better.

Which charting service is one supposed to use. Is the one at nes-india good enough or is there anything better.
Is metastock available in India and can be worked on Indian stock market. I have heard that these softwares have data available so that no time is wasted in inputting.
NSE India or any free charting service for Indian stocks is not very reliable. Go for MetaStock if you are serious about trading.

You can purchase your copy of MetaStock from equis.com

Once you purchase MetaStock you can automatically download BSE & NSE data from yahoo finance for free using MQ Downloader.

sh50

Originally posted by rxalva@Mar 18 2004, 06:36 PM
check this website : www.viratechsoftware.com

they sell tech analysis software like Metastock, Advanced Get, etc in India
Thanks a million. The software site is like a goldmine. Apart from metastock, have u tried any of their other software or their course on technical analysis. If so, how are they? I am looking for a financial accounting cum portfolio management software for investors but what they have is for brokers. Are u aware of any such software? Thanks a ton again.

you are most welcome hirenshah50......i have only tried metastock from the products that viratech software are selling......portfolio management software can be found here :

http://www.iv6s.com/ivss/Products/StockPro...tockProfile.htm

The Software sTock proFile helps you in maintaining your stocks (inventory according to the current market prices (end of the day prices). It provides the investors with the current market analysis, corporate news and results to help them manage effectively their business in a more profitable manner. The Software gives you extensive reports, charts and detailed analysis of your investments. It also gives you the Bill-Importing facility, i.e. you can import Bills/statements from your broker to the software through mail.

sh50

Originally posted by rxalva@Mar 18 2004, 06:36 PM
check this website : www.viratechsoftware.com

they sell tech analysis software like Metastock, Advanced Get, etc in India
The guy from viratech came and made a demo but since we are traders cum investors who also do derivatives he suggested something called Agvanced Get which is very expensive. Are you aware of any other software supplier. One would like to contemplate all options before making a decision. I tried to search for other Indian suppliers at google wihtout success. As it is, I have come across only one book on Technical analysis by an Indian author-the one by capital market. I suppose Technical analysis in its infancy in India.

Thanks once again. The software was excellent.

u can check the following website :

www.chartalert.com

the price is 4500/- per quarter, but the annual fee of 12,900/- works out much cheaper.they will give u a 4 week trial period to decide whether u want to subcribe or not.

There are six primary functions of ChartAlert OfflineTrader:
1.To generate short- to medium-term investing ideas for the cash and derivatives market using the Investor's Routine advisory tool.

2.To generate short- to medium-term investing ideas for the cash and derivatives market using the ElliottWave advisory tool.

3.To generate short-term trading ideas for the cash and derivatives market using the Chartist@Work tool.

4.To generate intraday to short-term trading ideas using the Pre-defined Stock Scans advisory tool.

5.To generate intraday trading ideas using the Trader's Routine advisory tool.

6.To generate several value-added market information reports based on price-volume data of the cash/derivatives market.

sh50

Originally posted by rxalva@Mar 19 2004, 10:13 AM
you are most welcome hirenshah50......i have only tried metastock from the products that viratech software are selling......portfolio management software can be found here :

http://www.iv6s.com/ivss/Products/StockPro...tockProfile.htm

The Software sTock proFile helps you in maintaining your stocks (inventory according to the current market prices (end of the day prices). It provides the investors with the current market analysis, corporate news and results to help them manage effectively their business in a more profitable manner. The Software gives you extensive reports, charts and detailed analysis of your investments. It also gives you the Bill-Importing facility, i.e. you can import Bills/statements from your broker to the software through mail.
You are a lifesaver. Thanks a lot. I have been trying to track a portfolio management for investors without success. One likes to explore all alternatives and I presume that you do not know anybody else who provides similar software for investors.

Thanks for chartalert info. Metastock is costing Rs18,500. Would that not be better than Rs13000/-approx you mentioned for chartalert. I have not seen chartalert. Which do you think is the better software. Thanks again