Intraday trading - Some experiments

SavantGarde

Hi Vicky,

Get Used To It....Cause This Thread Is Suppose To Help People Looking For Intraday Strategies...You Have Enough Experience Of Your Own, Moreover Try Out Some Of The Strategies From TTB & See What Can Work Well...& Post Them Here...& Be Prepared To Field Unending Queries....:)

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Savant Sir

Writing on this thread is akin to talking to yourself. No replies...no responses watsoever.

vicky_ag

I thought (didnt trade but was observing) that today's bounceback was around 61.8% of the entire fall today. Do not have the intraday NF chart to confirm.

Regards,
Enygma.
Enygma, that was precisely the point.

Three most imp levels: 61.8, 50 and 23.6.

If you cross 61.8 easily then, the trend has changed for sure. So, need to be careful of what you take.

If 50, then you are in a very volatile market, can change any time.

IF 23.6, the trend is pretty strong.

vicky_ag

Hi Vicky,

Get Used To It....Cause This Thread Is Suppose To Help People Looking For Intraday Strategies...You Have Enough Experience Of Your Own, Moreover Try Out Some Of The Strategies From TTB & See What Can Work Well...& Post Them Here...& Be Prepared To Field Unending Queries....:)

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Savant Sir,

This fib retrace works easily. But, writing the whole system with if and buts will take sometime.

I will be putting out a IB breakout thing too.

prasadam

I have been trading on NF for a week now and it will not be wrong to say I am wiser by a week. Collating that with my experience in forex, I have come up with some ideas to trade in NF.

Now, this thread is dedicated to a possible measure to trade in a simple, effective manner. Easy short trades with a target of 10-15 points a day ie by calculation 500 to 750 on a lot of nifty.

As, the title goes - experiments. Ideas will be put forth and then we need to decide, possible entries and exits.

Lets see how many people are in for this, before I come up with the first idea.
I thought Ideas will be put forth by you and was waiting for your ideas to test and give a feed back. sorry if I misunderstood it.

If you want a profit of 10-15 points per trade I have found that a simple tweak to the setups of Saint & Savant are the best.

enter your reverse trade immediately after initiating a trade based on the following.

1. buy above or sell below opening bar break with necessary filter.( saint's miniflow) - 1 trade perday.

2. entry at 4&5 or 3&5 crossover confirmation.( savant's) - 1 or 3 entries

3. entry above the bullish BB piercing bar or below the bearish piercing bar. (savant's) - 0 or 3 trades perday.

Savant Sir

Writing on this thread is akin to talking to yourself. No replies...no responses watsoever.

vicky_ag

Prasadm,

I did already put forth some ideas

1. ATR: This is one of the most used tool for a Trailing stop in active trading. So, thought we could have a discussion on these. Also, these tend to give out change in direction in the market.

2. Fib retraces: Once in a trend, we can look to buy on retrace. The amount of a retrace can be safely assumed by a fib retrace been drawn. Once on buy/sell on a retrace, we can take a trade upto the previous high/low safely netting 10-15 points.