Of complex Put and Call.
I'll make some money I thought,
Some - but not all.

Came the day of expiry.
Made a little money that day.
But with all those puts and calls,
Brokerage took it all away.

Re: Frustrations Of An Options Trader

What a beautiful poem. Captured the essence aptly. Really nice. On my dashboard now.

Who says speculators/mathematicians can't be poets. If it touches the heart, then the pen says it all.
:clapping:

Re: Brokerage is Killing me

Hi All,

I am new here. This is my first post. I am sick and tired, really tired about Option Brokerages that are charged to me. (Rs 95 per lot - ICICI and Rs 60 per lot - India Infoline).

Can anyone suggest a really low brokerage service, and also some reasonable margin for coption-writes. I typically buy and sell a call at different strikes, or sell in current month and buy is next month.

Any help is welcome
Have a look at canara bank's canmoney.in. Cheapest I have found so far... Rs.10 per option lot (But they charge Rs.500 per trading day). So If your volumes are high then this makes sense.

I only trade nifty options, and have been saving quite a bundle with these guys.

Sunny1

Have a look at canara bank's canmoney.in. Cheapest I have found so far... Rs.10 per option lot (But they charge Rs.500 per trading day). So If your volumes are high then this makes sense.

I only trade nifty options, and have been saving quite a bundle with these guys.
then zerodha is better 20 rs per order not per lot and no software charges.btw canmoney has useless software.

I have invested long term in Gold ETFs. ICICI allowse to use those ETFs as margin for call writing. RKGlobal does not. I wonder why. Let me try Zerodha.

Also, I have debt funds. All topnotch floating rate funds that will not fluctuate with interest rate. No broker wants to accept them as Margin. Any ideas why??

I have invested long term in Gold ETFs. ICICI allowse to use those ETFs as margin for call writing. RKGlobal does not. I wonder why. Let me try Zerodha.

Also, I have debt funds. All topnotch floating rate funds that will not fluctuate with interest rate. No broker wants to accept them as Margin. Any ideas why??
Its vey strange but even i failed to understand why rk gloabl doesnt give margins against stocks , they dont want to serve clients in any way
just use software and pay them is all they want

when i called up rk global the person there was most unpolite i have ever met
as if i was begging them for something no margins and i told them to go to hell

When nse make rules then brokers should not edit them to there convenince

I think ZErodha will let you use your GOLD ETF to write calls like icici though i am not sure about DEBT funds

This is a stupid question, but say I invested Rs 5 lacs as follows (Gold ETF - 3.5 lacs, Cash 1.5 lacs). What sort of return i could expect per month? I am looking at steady returns, not big bucks.