Intraday calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

n_arvind2000

thank u sir...

this works like magic...

a few more doubts...

in case of icici bank today... at about 9:45 the stock was above pivot and below r1... so that means one should do nothing, right...
>>>>> Yes... should wait it it reaches r1 or goes above r1

secondly... do i need to look for the scenarios u mentioned just once in the whole day i.e. at about half an hour after the market opens... or these scenarios develop more than once in a single day...
>>>>> The best ideal time to trade would be in the morning 9.30 till 12.30-1.30. Also one should avoid intraday after 2.30 ..as volatility factor comes into picture.....

once again thank u for the info... i was trading blindly for the last one month... u've given me eyes sir... thanks...
.... :thumb:

n_arvind2000

very rightly said..
if i had bought in cash, would have surely held till evening..
margin is a dangerous weapon..
better to buy worth 5k and hold , rather than buying worth 20k and panic .
yes..Cash is hand is always best case to deal rather than trading on margin and get panic... even if profit margin is also less...one can have a better peace of mind..

alroyraj

hello arvind ji..

im new to trading and while doing some research i have seen at many places the same s2 s1 pivot r1 r2 thing that u have mentioned here...

what they recommend is that one should go long above r1. but i dont understand most of it..

could u pls explain what is the significance of these support and resistance levels and where should one look to enter and exit...

like the info i had today was:-

shree renuka sugars:-

s2 s1 pivot r1 r2
90.3 91.8 93.9 95 96.8 and it said to go long above r1 i.e. above 95 but the stock never reached 95

the same was with icici bank:-

s2 s1 pivot r1 r2
1105 1118 1131.2 1149 1170 and icici bank didnt go above 1140.

i have similar info of stocks like reliance industries, LNT, tcs, chambal fert., DLF, orchid, hindalco etc... and all of them never reached the r1 today...

pls enlighten me..

thanks..
Shree Renuka went above 95 now it is at 96.15...It saw a mega move today. From 93.2 to 96.7 imagine this. No way to predict this. Anyhow practically speaking it has strong support around 93.3 to 93.5. It always recovered if it went below this. This comes from observing the price continuously.
Others like

bthakwani

Shree Renuka went above 95 now it is at 96.15...It saw a mega move today. From 93.2 to 96.7 imagine this. No way to predict this. Anyhow practically speaking it has strong support around 93.3 to 93.5. It always recovered if it went below this. This comes from observing the price continuously.
Others like

thanks for the info sir...

i bought renuka at 92.9 today and exited at 93.55. was getting late for class so i closed up everything before 2 pm. and when i came back at 4 i saw the same rally. it rose after 2:30 and im still wondering if i didnt have my class had i held the stock till 2:30... i guess not...

do u think this late rally was a result of people squaring of their short calls..?

hi i m completly new to trading i wud like to know abt tips provided by advisory services like trade4target , saabsl, niftysureshot,power ut trade etc how reliable these are please let me know

hi i m completly new to trading i wud like to know abt tips provided by advisory services like trade4target , saabsl, niftysureshot,power ut trade etc how reliable these are please let me know
Do not trade solely by relying on tips. Why entrust the future of your hard-earned money to someone else? Consider going through some of the threads listed over here to gain some insight into various trading strategies.

n_arvind2000

Nice quote from "One Up On Wall Street" where Lynch says: All you can loose is 100% but there is no upper limit on gains ! :):)

A well known point from Warren Buffet: Do not enter into equity markets, if you cannot take a notional loss of 50% in short-term. No one knows what will happen to a stock in short-term.

If you are trying to match returns on hourly/daily basis then stocks are the worst asset class to allocate capital. Only one thing gains each second is a Bank FD (provided the bank does not go bust of course)!!!

prst

Do not trade solely by relying on tips. Why entrust the future of your hard-earned money to someone else? Consider going through some of the threads listed over here to gain some insight into various trading strategies.
better lose money based on ur own stock selection, rather than some one's tips.. atleast u wont be cursing someone else.. :)

buy & hold kingfisher arnl above 62.00 with s/l 57.82 traget 70-72-75. it is running above its 200 dma. aviation sector will also be bullish in next fyq.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.