Infrastructure Equity Funds

Re: Your opinion on Infrastructure Mutual Funds.

Yes its important to maximize returns with minimun risk.

For that we could look at the sharp ratio of diversified equity funds and invest in those that have high sharp ratios.

Last edited:
Re: Sundaram BNP Paribas Select Thematic Funds Energy Opportunities ( Growth Option )

Hi, I feel that rather than going for a NFO u could opt for Reliance Diversified Power .An NFO would carry a Lock in of 3 yrs while Reliance Diversified power is an Open Ended Fund.Energy and power go hand in hand in terms of sectors so your sector choice would not differ significantly.Also
Reliance Power Diversified has given a return of 20% in the Last 2 months.There are signs that Power as a Booming sector is here to stay for 5 yrs atleast.Any Investment in this m/f could accelerate ur money far more than through the NFO u are thinking about.

Re: Sundaram BNP Paribas Select Thematic Funds Energy Opportunities ( Growth Option )

I already have Reliance Diversified Power but i believe the Energy source can be termed as subset of this
As their focus would be the coal,Oil, Gas, Nuclear companies who are not into power generation but only in fuel supply.. and here the scope gets added as the fuel is needed by transportation and domestic needs also Not just for Power.

I feel Reliance Oil and natural sources Fund which launched is NFO is better bet. Just invest and keep monitoring the sector as it would lot depend on overseas suppliers or domestic exploration activities.

I think next oppertunity is in energy sector..iam also looking for long term investment......

thanks...
Sector funds are not suitable for long term investment (5-10 years). Plain vanilla equity funds shall outperform them.

Have an exit strategy while entering into sector funds.

very true
Core investment, SIP or Long term you should invest in Equity Diversified. While investing in the sector you need to keep monitoring and should always have a exit point before any bad news hit them.

I think 2008 would be a key year in the energy sector and the flavour of Power & energy, Infra & banking will continue for 2008. Just keep an eye

Requires Suggestion on Investing in CAPEX Opp

Hi

I'm planning to invest some money in Sundaram Capex Opp and Tata Infra this Month along with the recently launched Reliance Natural resources.
Could anyone suggest me the Split up in terms of Percentages.
Also Lemme Know abt the Prospects of Reliance Div Power Sector Fund

FYI, I've already taken Sundaram Energy Opp(Thematic Fund), UTI Infra (Sectoral).:)

Re: Requires Suggestion on Investing in CAPEX Opp

0% in sundaram capex
0% on tata Infra

Plain vanilla equity funds would be a better choice

Re: Requires Suggestion on Investing in CAPEX Opp

Why think of Sundaram Capex & Tata Infra when you are already into UTI Infra & Sundaram Energy..?

As Vicky has stated in another thread, Reliance Diversified has the numbers to boast......so does JM Basic.

My suggestion would be to go for an aggressive multicap fund like Kotak Opportunities.....