Infrastructure Equity Funds

Re: Your opinion on Infrastructure Mutual Funds.

Very right...

But if your risk profile is high, why not go for sector funds for short term, say 2-3 years, and switch to diversified equity after that..... This can be done in a phased a manner, switching to diversified / balanced funds of the same AMC. I believe many AMCs offer this facility without any entry / exit load.
Please correct me if I am wrong....

Yes that would be a good option.

But a theme like infra would be better option rather than a sector fund (IT, Pharma, auto, banking, media etc). As you say its important to get out of the theme at the right time. Also themes have longer cycles than sector funds. An old theme would be a fund investing in MNC. It was a hit as it was believed that MNCs are better managed than Indian Companies. But that theme is now dead.

I used to hold some sector funds earlier but its better just buying and holding frontline stocks in those interested sectors.

Last edited:
Jm Agri& Infra Fund

Hello.. all TraderJi Investors

I m Thinking to invest in JM AGRI&INFRA Fund NFO

Can u please tell me wether it will be a wise decesion for me

waiting for u valuable suggestions

Thanx
Happy Investing

Last edited:
Re: ICICI Pru Infrastructure & Tata Infrastructure

That's True in Fact.
It's better not to go for LIC MF.
I've never seen any MF from LIC topping the Charts in any Sector.
Jus go for similar funds which are already established and are having a Good Track Record.

Re: Jm Agri& Infra Fund

Hi !

My suggestion would be not to go for an NFO. They are more like old wine in a new bottle.

JM Financial has this hot fund (JM Basic) going for them, and guess the folks of that AMC thought there would be plenty of suckers for another fund of the same type...

If you want to invest in sector funds, go for some good ones like DSP ML Tiger, Sundaram Capex Opportunities, Tata Infrastructure etc.

If you are particular on JM, go for JM Basic instead... It gave 80-90% return for the last one year period.

Re: Jm Agri& Infra Fund

It's very true first always compare the fund objective with existing ones and then only make decision which to choose

But sometimes NFO Can come up with new feature to offer. As the name suggest JM Agri & infra.. It must be focusd towards rural infrastructural developement.So if you think the story of rural infra looks good in future no harm in getting into this fund.
I know that a lot of scope in rural developement but i doubt that if we get enough returns on investments in medium terms

I don't see some organised approach in rural infrastructure developement so would like to keep away for time being.
But I would like my money to go into companies working in Agro based developement.
Any one here please give some list of funds which are focusing investments into rural or agrobased sectors.

Enquiry for investment in Kotak Indo World Infrastructure Fund?

As a first time investor can someone guide me about, Kotak Indo World Infrastructure Fund. Which is the best alternative available in the upcoming market? thanks in advance.

I think it depends on our approach and all of us are correct..
We should be smarter and have some control and do some part of fund management our self.
Its our money why we just rely on the Fund manager
CAn't we have better system and work together
so diversification is ok but we need to take calculated risk also.
Cuz ultimate objective is maximize return with minimum risk
Not minimize risk at the cost of returns.