ICICIDirect - Dos and Donts

Limit price and stop loss are important aspects of trading. Setting too tight a stop loss also would be risky. This comes with experience. Especially when I was trading Brent Crude, Stop loss was important, there were 8$ move which is typically 800$ moves in a day or during a news. Most of us do not have money to weather such a storm.

Think about this, there is a difference between bid and ask price. If you put in limit order price without stop order price and bad news about the stock comes in, the stock is going to get sold off leading to lesser selling price and even lesser bid price. If you do not have Stop Loss order, you end up with huge loss.

On the speculative side, the stock looks like Suzlon.

Sorry ...Still confusion... This is the real scenario:

@ Bought price (1000 Shares - 3 months back) - Rs.30
@ My mindset STOP LOSS - Rs.20
@ Current Price - Rs.21

Now, in "Cash Sell" what are the values i have to give, if it reaches the stoploss 20 to sell all my stock:

Qty - 1000
Limit Price - ??? (I cant give 20 - then immediately it will be sold)
Stop Loss Triggered Price - ?????

Could you please explain this real case.

Thanks in advance

Re: ICICIDirect - Option.

I have demate account in ICICIDirect. How can i do Option? Senior memebrs can guide and provide links available either in traderji or other site to understand Options.

Thanks in advance.

Re: ICICIDirect - Option.

I have demate account in ICICIDirect. How can i do Option? Senior memebrs can guide and provide links available either in traderji or other site to understand Options.

Thanks in advance.
You need to have F&O segment enabled in your account. I had a request it once my demat a/c was opened. Once F&O is enabled, you can do options trading.

The general sequence would be F&O Tab -> Place Order -> Select Options in drop down and press select contract after typing in the security (I generally use NSE). Based on the contract, you can do the option trading.