I Made 180% With PMS But Not Satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.
A whole week?

Just to learn the markets?

Its possible in just 3 hours
It will take more than a year to get the idea about the market. May be you are too super duper smart to need more than 3 hours, but we are talking here about averge persosns.

sudoku1

I want to learn how I can start investing and what all things I need to know to get same returns. Can I quickly learn all this with one good book? I feel I ended up paying too much fees as in stock markets money can be made good. I had invested Rs. 10 lakhs in PMS. Now I have total of Rs. 28 lakhs to invest.

A new born child only cries when he sees the brightness of the world coming out of darkness of his mothers stomach.....does he learn all the human tricks in 1 go ?
never.....he will eventually grow up....xperience & try 2 emuluate them....which takes no of yrs....
in the same way...an invstr learns 2 get matured with the time untill he can difrenciate the child among the crowd:)

hardik0007

Originally Posted by smkumar
But please suggest some book I can read. I want to learn everything quickly in one week or so.

Dear,

Quickly in Stock Market...... Quite Funny :lol:
There is nothing called quick money.

Im not insulting you, but om trying to open your eyes.
Bunny is experienced person dont take his words in other way

I personally lose money in 2008 fall and many well experienced person lost.
Not because market crased because of GREED

You have same greed to mint money. Learn slowly and steadily

To be frank your PMS gave very good returns. But many fund managers packed their bag. :)

Advice read Teach to Man thread, Beginners etc you will surely develop some skills.

Happy Investing!!!

kenneth

I can keep only Rs. 5-10 lakhs in my PMS and just copy what my manager does for remaining trades also in beginning. I had read two books written by my fund manager, but I don't think he revealed everything in them. In my protfolio for example he had invested in LIC Housing Finance at around Rs. 200 and Jindal Steel at around Rs. 500. LIC is now I think Rs. 800 and Jindal is over rs. 3000.

I could have easily copied these and would not have to share a lot with him.

This is not illegal is it? And within a few months I can do this on my own.

I am a busy man and can't day trade and all.
Hi Sm Kumar,

Now that you have 28 lakhs to invest probabaly you should do what thought you could do. Invest 10 lakhs in PMS and copy your Managers trades with another 10 lakhs. See how you are doing for a year whether he can grenerate same percentage profit.

Yes your Manager was smart to buy Jindal steel has given to buy at Rs 500 as it was had come down from Rs 3500/- (it was Rs `16,500 before the 1:5 split). Again after the Bonus it came down to RS 500 and by evening it was quoting at Rs 650. Why I am tell ing you this is when your Manager would buy it at 500 you will come to know about the trade only after the trading hours or next day or when you get the contract. So your copy trade may not be at the same rate. Some times it may be higher or you may get it even cheaper.

All the best

By the way I would be interested to know your manager and the company

Regards
Ken

Thanks for the suggestions of reading. I found out that Intelligent Investor is a good book. I will start with that.

But a few other friends here suggested they did it in 30 minutes - 3 hours - please teach me. I want to do the same if possible.

Ken, I don't think my fund managers were all that smart. See based on what you say it is so easy to know that we should buy because stock has fallen so badly. I have a sense of intuition also which by just seeing the price tells me to buy or sell, don't you think this is good way to go about? Do other trader investors do same and follow gut feelings? All a person needs to do is track the stock price to know what is high and low. My PMS XYZ(REMOVED DUE TO ALLEGATIONS). I don't think they are very big and for some strange reason don't advertise too much.

Also I didn't like the fact that they never met me personally, I only met some relationship managers - what is the use of PMS if they don't give privileged services and meet me when I want them to? I might as well keep in MF. I think the better PMS people give all sorts of privileges like special movies, clubs and lunches.

That can be main problem in copying them, that by the time they buy stock has gone up and by the time i sell it has gone down. But i think i still won't lose 40% - at most 5-10% change will be there.

I guess from what i am understanding here, no need to read anything just experience it by actually putting in money now and following TV/News, right?

If you saying me to just download internet software and trade - please suggest good broker for doing these things.

Last edited:
3 hours was mentioned for the average person zunayed, I learnt it in 30 minutes flat :)
Congrats to u for your achievement. But I was not as lucky as you are. It took me a lot of time and still I am learning.

However, when I first started I also thought I understood everything in less than an hour. Because at that time I thought it was just buying low and selling when the price goes up.

How easy I seemed then!!! Later I realized it is actually the very dynamics of the market that makes the newbies believe that they learned everything so early.

But please don't get me wrong. I did not mean to imply you are a newbie. You are just lucky and smart to learn the stock market so fast.

hardik0007

Thanks for the suggestions of reading. I found out that Intelligent Investor is a good book. I will start with that.

But a few other friends here suggested they did it in 30 minutes - 3 hours - please teach me. I want to do the same if possible.

Ken, I don't think my fund managers were all that smart. See based on what you say it is so easy to know that we should buy because stock has fallen so badly. I have a sense of intuition also which by just seeing the price tells me to buy or sell, don't you think this is good way to go about? Do other trader investors do same and follow gut feelings? All a person needs to do is track the stock price to know what is high and low. My PMS was managed by Yogesh Chabria and Panjwani of FAMS (Financial Asset Mange Simply). I don't think they are very big and for some strange reason don't advertise too much.

Also I didn't like the fact that they never met me personally, I only met some relationship managers - what is the use of PMS if they don't give privileged services and meet me when I want them to? I might as well keep in MF. I think the better PMS people give all sorts of privileges like special movies, clubs and lunches.

That can be main problem in copying them, that by the time they buy stock has gone up and by the time i sell it has gone down. But i think i still won't lose 40% - at most 5-10% change will be there.

I guess from what i am understanding here, no need to read anything just experience it by actually putting in money now and following TV/News, right?

If you saying me to just download internet software and trade - please suggest good broker for doing these things.
First of all its good to see that you are eager to learn........ Dont make your eagerness to greediness.

30 minutes - 3 hours - Study - learn Stock market. I really dont know how these guys did? You can ask them. Im in mkt frm past 2 yrs still im in learning phase. Yea possible im not smart then 30 mints or 3 hours guy.

Reading books is important but you cannot trust every word you read, so – do not be afraid finding things out by yourself, and perhaps the day will come when you discover something new.

PMS people are often busy in minting money, researching sompanies(Eg., LIC, jindal). They work very professionally, they only know how to make money for their client.

Brokers are many eg IndiaInfoline, IndiaBulls, ShareKhan, Motilal Oswal etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.