How to invest 40 lakhs in equity, FnO, commodities etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyTrader

Re: Daily Target for Intra-day ?

Hi STrader,

There was no offence meant... :)

...and as far as finding something that you may have in your mind... best way would be to ask for it in your first thread and I am sure somebody will provide the relevant link.....or just spend time browsing through ...and you will find things that you perhaps never ever thought of ...and might prove useful.

To keep your queries organised will merge this thread later with your original thread... in order to keep all your thoughts and queries organised... hope it's ok with you.

SG

Hi!

Yes I'm ok with that....getting organized is the key to success :clap:

Thanks

SexyTrader

dear friend

don't u think ur question is highly subjective? it depends on ur trading account, risk taking ability,ur satisfaction level and various other factors..
a person A may get elated at a profit of 5000, whereas a person B may bang his head in disgust on a profit of 100000...I do not think there can be a common answer 2 this question...a better approach wd be to raise ur own bar step by step...
:confused: Why would person B bang his head in disgust on an intra-day profit of 1 Lakh ?!? :p

Last edited:

SexyTrader

How much is the capital gains tax we have to pay, when we profit off intra-day trades ?

Is it 15% or 30% ?

Sorry, I'm confused....

sumosanammain

:confused: Why would person B bang his head in disgust on an intra-day profit of 1 Lakh ?!? :p
Because he has a capital of a few hundred million, and all his fellow traders made millions on a huge trending day, and he made just a hundred thousand :)
instead of a few million..

Money is relative, my friend. Few people will choke while trading 10 lots of Nifty, and few may prefer to take a holiday than trade below 500 lots.

anuragmunjal

How much is the capital gains tax we have to pay, when we profit off intra-day trades ?

Is it 15% or 30% ?

Sorry, I'm confused....
ur profits in intraday trading wd b treated as any other business income..and wd be taxed as per the tax slab u fall in. if u are in the highest tax bracket,the tax wd around 30%. u cannot avail short term or long term capital gain fr intraday or speculative trades..

regards

SexyTrader

Though I'm primarily an intra-day trader, I did end up buying 1000 shares of SBI at 2,650 per share a few weeks back and took delivery for it. That was just before they declared a notional loss in their quarterly report due to bad debts provisioning.

I find the current price trails around 2,294 per share ! Considering SBI does dip, but this time it has dipped far too much for my appetite :p

Of course I would continue to hold, but I wish to know what prospects do you see for SBI ?

And at what price can I exit to free-up the money for another exciting intra-day scrip ?

.Pride.

Though I'm primarily an intra-day trader, I did end up buying 1000 shares of SBI at 2,650 per share a few weeks back and took delivery for it. That was just before they declared a notional loss in their quarterly report due to bad debts provisioning.

I find the current price trails around 2,294 per share ! Considering SBI does dip, but this time it has dipped far too much for my appetite :p

Of course I would continue to hold, but I wish to know what prospects do you see for SBI ?

And at what price can I exit to free-up the money for another exciting intra-day scrip ?
...:mad:...

SexyTrader

Why are you :mad: ?

Did'nt really understand your answer.....whats with the red highlights to what I have stated ?

Kindly explain.

SexyTrader

Let me clarify:

I was not aware they would be doing bad debts provisioning all at once in the recent financial reports, and the prices dipped right after that...

but as long as I do not sell and exit until I get the right price, its just a notional loss that shows now right ? So no harm right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.