How to import EOD in FCharts

Hello,

I have developed 1 utility which can download & Export eod data from NSE/BSE with indices to FCharts directly / using schedular.
I am amazed at the number of 'Indian' opportunists who want to charge FCharts users for getting EOD data when FCharts will do it for free.

AND, FCharts will even import NSE intraday data for free, too!

Hi

To import Nifty into FCharts please use the following method.

1. Goto http://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/ind_histvalues.htm
2. Choose 'S&P CNX Nifty' under Index drop down menu.
3. Select 'From' and 'To' dates e.g. 01-01-2001 31-12-2009.
4. Click 'Get Details' button.
5. The index values will be displayed on the screen as follows:
Date Open High Low Close Shares Traded Turnover
(Rs. Cr)
6. Scroll down to bottom. If the number of records is more than 100, the following line will appear. 'Since the number of records are more than 100, kindly download the csv file to view all records.'
7. Right click 'Download file in csv format' and choose 'Save As' or 'Save Link As' depending on your browser.
8. The file will have to be saved with the name 'S&PCNXNIFTY' or 'NIFTY' or some other name. Do not leave space between S&P, CNX and NIFTY.
9. Open the file in MS Excel or other spreadsheet program and delete columns 'Shares Traded' and Turnover (Rs. Cr)
10. Save the file (in CSV format, of course)

It is now ready for import.

For importing subsequent index values, simply copy and paste values (Date, Open, High, Low, Close) below the last row in the csv file e.g. data for 29-01-2010 has to be filled in the row below 28-01-2010. These values can be imported after saving.

Procedure for editing bhavcopy:

NSE Bhavcopy has the following headers:

SYMBOL, SERIES, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, LAST, PREVCLOSE, TOTTRDQTY,
TOTTRDVAL, TIMESTAMP

Rearrange these columns to get TICKER, DATE, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, VOLUME. To do this:

1. Open the bhav copy in MS Excel or other spreadsheet program.
2. Choose Data, Filter, Autofilter.
3. Click the dropdown arrow on the SERIES column. Choose Custom, select SERIES does not equal BE and SERIES does not equal EQ.
4. Now in SERIES column you can see others like N1, N2, N3, W1, P1 etc. To know what these mean, please visit
http://www.nseindia.com/content/equities/eq_serieslist.htm
5. The idea behind removing these entries is to have only prices for physical shares; not warrants, debentures etc. even though the ticker is same for share as well as warrant.
6. Select all rows with series not equal to BE and not equal to EQ (like N1, P1, W1 etc.) and delete them. The file will now have only BE and EQ series.
7. Click the drop down arrow on SERIES column and choose (All)
8. Remove filter command by choosing Data, Filter, Autofilter (Untick Autofilter)
9.Delete columns LAST, PREVCLOSE, TOTTRDVAL.
10. Now select entire TIMESTAMP colum, cut and paste it over SERIES column. Remember to choose entire SERIES column before paste.
11. Rename SYMBOL as TICKER, TIMESTAMP as DATE and TOTTRDQTY as VOLUME. Save.
12. The file is now ready for import.

vsundy
Thanks.Do you have EoD data downloader and converter for FC. i had DE utility,now it's not working.

I have no idea about these converters. I am just following the procedure outlined in my previous post.

It takes only about 5 minutes to download EOD/Index data, rearrange and import into FCharts! :thumb:

Thanks.Do you have EoD data downloader and converter for FC. i had DE utility,now it's not working.
You can download data from the NSE and BSE directly - not sure when these exchanges post their final (Updated) data for the day. Sundy will know!

You don't need a converter! Why exchange your rupees for US Dollars before you go shopping, so that you can get them exchanged for rupees by the traders?

Keep it simple!

Hii.

Iam Using DE utility for downloading data from NSE,

Due t some reasons all my data was lost, Now when iam tring to get EOD data from NSE from DE, in the Downloading status box im seeing "File Dosent Exist"

Kindly Help!

ThanX and Regards

Santosh

Your charts may mean something to you but .... What is wrong with the display? Are the O anc C values displayed wrongly - or, are the H and L values wrong? Are ANY of them correct? These questions can ONLY be answered from your data.

I suggest that hou check the data you received, from which tfhe charts were created, i.e. more information please.

Your charts may mean something to you but .... What is wrong with the display? Are the O anc C values displayed wrongly - or, are the H and L values wrong? Are ANY of them correct? These questions can ONLY be answered from your data.

I suggest that hou check the data you received, from which tfhe charts were created, i.e. more information please.
All data is correct.Only have this problem on the daily chart.