How to import EOD in FCharts

Hi friends..I used to use F charts some time back..Got a Utility which was shared in TJ itself by a member..attaching it..Just extract the utility and after that u have to make two different folders, one for the data that your goin to download and the other is to store the converted data..After you have created the two folders select the source(raw data folder) and use the date range to download data..After download is complete just convert the data into the destination folder(not too sure but ul get it as u do it)...after conversion is over just close the utility and open Fcharts..In fcharts just click on import and select the converted data folder..U are done..
Hi Kamalesh

I have been using the Data Extractor DE 3.0.24, but somehow the Indices are not getting updated. The source files remain stuck at Feb 2008.

Any ideas pls?

volume number is not displayed correctly.Only partially.For example SAIL on 14th Aug volume is 6564820 but on chart only 6565 is displayed.Which is very annoying.How to correct it. Thanks for your contributions.Easiest chart program.

volume number is not displayed correctly.Only partially.For example SAIL on 14th Aug volume is 6564820 but on chart only 6565 is displayed.Which is very annoying.How to correct it. Thanks for your contributions.Easiest chart program.
I confess that I haven't used DDE importing. However, it appears that the volume data is being 'rounded up' to whole thousands.

So, check any settings that might affect this.

murthymsr

I confess that I haven't used DDE importing. However, it appears that the volume data is being 'rounded up' to whole thousands.

So, check any settings that might affect this.
Looks like volume is displayed in K (Thousands). This may make the volume read with more ease. However, if you want to display the volume in units, check preferences.

Just a guess as presently, I am not using FC!

murthymsr

If you have a 'spare' lower chart, you can always set up a UDI (User Defined Indicator) with the formula v*1000

Or, if no spare lower chart, use the UDI as an overlay on the main chart and set 'Force to Scale' on the UDI screen.

If you have a 'spare' lower chart, you can always set up a UDI (User Defined Indicator) with the formula v*1000

Or, if no spare lower chart, use the UDI as an overlay on the main chart and set 'Force to Scale' on the UDI screen.
Please explain step by step.I am new to fcharts and new to technicals.I will grateful to you.

UDI's were added to the FCharts program at my request.

Right click on the Main Menu and select UDI setup.

In UDI 1 (which you can rename by clicking on the UDI1 name) enter your formula. (It doesn't even need to be a T/F statement as FCharts will process mathematical calculations as well as Boolean logic statements.)

Click the radio button (under Force to Scale) to the right and also click 'Show on main chart' if you want it there, else select the UDI by right clicking on a lower chart..

This is just some of the information that can be obtained by going to the Spacejock Home page and following the FCharts Community Manual links on it.:cool:

Last edited: