How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

murthymsr

can i feed the intraday data to the Amibroker?
No, I don't think so.
---------------------

Apologies to the above line, which is not correct, must be sleepy then.

It can be done. The procedure was brought out nicely in another thread and I was using it too !!!

Thanks to whyLately for awakening me.

murthymsr

Last edited:
i have downloaded quotetracker and working fine. it is showing nifty update but when i try to open intraday / eod chart for nifty, it shows no data found.

thanks

i have downloaded quotetracker and working fine. it is showing nifty update but when i try to open intraday / eod chart for nifty, it shows no data found.

thanks
For indices, QuoteTracker does not backfill EOD data from the NSE server, and thus does not show historical charts.

If you can see intraday index updates, there does not appear to be any setting or reason not to show intraday charts.

murthymsr

For indices, QuoteTracker does not backfill EOD data from the NSE server, and thus does not show historical charts.
I too experience this limitation.

If you can see intraday index updates, there does not appear to be any setting or reason not to show intraday charts.
I get intraday charts of nifty like any other stock. You may add "NIFTY" into the portfolio and try.
Have you updated to the latest version?

murthymsr

Last edited:

murthymsr

Will post interesting paintbar code if I write them of find them on the net.

You probably have but ... have you tried Blau's TSI as a combination of MACD and TSI? The composite may miss some individual divergences, but it ties up both conveniently.
Thanks wL for the very interesting information.

I WAS very much fascinated by the concept of paintbars and with audible alarm.

As you know, NSE stock data as fetched by QT is delayed by more than a minute and may not be of much use for intraday trading.

But, the index data is far less delayed and can be set to update at 15 sec interval. I find QT with paintbars is very useful to quickly assess the market condition whether it is LONG or SHORT. For stock data we have to rely on other sources like your broker or yahoo.

Thanks for your spirit of sharing which will improve every body's knowledge.

murthymsr

Just a heads up that QuoteTracker is useful for getting stock related news as well.

In Options -> Data Source/Proxy Settings -> News tab -> Snapshot tab, enable Check for News with Google as the source. When news is available, the symbol has a light bulb next to it.

If you have not, try it at least once. (Perhaps even if you do not use it for quotes ;) )

Sir
I install Quote tracker as per "pdf" instruction booklet, but till i have not able to see intraday data. For your information i face this problem last two days and before it works fine.
Secondly for your information when i select "NSE India real-time (Free)" option and press OK it can not seen saved option when again i go to in quotes page.
Kindly give me the solution.
Thanks

HI,

As per pdf attached. I couldnt find "NSE India Realtime (Free)" Data Source / Proxy Settings.:confused::confused::confused:

Please help. Is a version problem then let me know which version you ppl are using. I have downloaded is 3.9.5 version.

Regards,
Jwalant