How much profit does a Full-time trader deserves in a Month?

How much return (% wise) is good for a Full-time trader.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SexyTrader

do you need to quote some foreigner for this?. didn't any of our countrymen say anything?.
INDIA says the best :thumb: ANCIENT INDIA stated this long time back....what Warren Buffett believes as well.....Never lose money in anything, come what may :p inspired by
Rule No.1: Never lose money.

Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1. :D

Hello Soft trader,
I just completed this thread all pages, i found interesting responses from members.
I would like to share my views.
I want to tweak the poll question. For a part time trader to become full time trader and to expect returns from market, the inventory is not only the CAPITAL.
The biggest inventory is our MENTAL READINESS. If you dont mind , i will cite one example.
If a poll is conducted on the question, how much salary the MBA student can expect after his completion of course?
The right answer is not 30K,40K, or 50K . The answer is , Is the MBA student is industry ready to get the job. If he is not upto the requirement of what industries expecting, then who will give him the job and how much can we expect him to be paid. Is it not the poll question is absurd in this case ?
Similarly , all full time traders are not worth or deserving money from market, because most of them are not MARKET READY. Just the MBA course completion certificate is not enough and sufficient for employement, accordingly, your full time trading and your capital are not sufficient requirements to earn money in the market. When iam saying earning , it is consistently earning , and it is having positive expectancy.
So my request is, Modify the poll question as
" If a trader having right mindset and attitude enough to trade markets, then how much profit he deserves ?
Before concluding i taken your point, undercapitalized trader having lot of disadvantage. He can not maintain the risk management and he can not hedge.
For me 6 to 8% per month is enough. Honestly iam unable to breakeven my investment. Continuosly iam losing. For me this financial goal is OK
The above is my views only. If i hurt any body , iam sorry.

Anillal

Hello Soft trader,
I just completed this thread all pages, i found interesting responses from members.
I would like to share my views.
I want to tweak the poll question. For a part time trader to become full time trader and to expect returns from market, the inventory is not only the CAPITAL.
The biggest inventory is our MENTAL READINESS. If you dont mind , i will cite one example.
If a poll is conducted on the question, how much salary the MBA student can expect after his completion of course?
The right answer is not 30K,40K, or 50K . The answer is , Is the MBA student is industry ready to get the job. If he is not upto the requirement of what industries expecting, then who will give him the job and how much can we expect him to be paid. Is it not the poll question is absurd in this case ?
Similarly , all full time traders are not worth or deserving money from market, because most of them are not MARKET READY. Just the MBA course completion certificate is not enough and sufficient for employement, accordingly, your full time trading and your capital are not sufficient requirements to earn money in the market. When iam saying earning , it is consistently earning , and it is having positive expectancy.
So my request is, Modify the poll question as
" If a trader having right mindset and attitude enough to trade markets, then how much profit he deserves ?
Before concluding i taken your point, undercapitalized trader having lot of disadvantage. He can not maintain the risk management and he can not hedge.
For me 6 to 8% per month is enough. Honestly iam unable to breakeven my investment. Continuosly iam losing. For me this financial goal is OK
The above is my views only. If i hurt any body , iam sorry.
:clapping:
Very honest very matter of fact and very intelligent post. Thank you sir

Hello Anil,
Thanks for your comment. My view regarding the poll is, CAPITAL is lesser required thing interms of priority of what is required for full time trader.
My logic is straight forward. The Full time trader is day trader. Why because no swing trader or positional trader need not be the full time traders.
If you are full time (DAY trader) trader , you have access to LEVERAGE. You can trade 500% or 600% of your trading capital. For example , if your trading capital is Rs1-00Lakh, you can trade Equities worth 5 to 6 Lakhs, F&O is more leveraged . The bottom line is for full time trader is CAPITAL is not constraint . Mental fitness compatable to Full time trader is TOP priority, it is because it is not leveraged. You have to use what you have with you.
I Think i am confusing you. Iam not such good articulative. Very recently iam starting postings. Bear with me
Have happy trading, try to accumulate mental attitue urgently . so that you can use leveraged money to trade full time. Till that time dont venture in to full time.

Anillal

Hello Anil,
Thanks for your comment. My view regarding the poll is, CAPITAL is lesser required thing interms of priority of what is required for full time trader.
My logic is straight forward. The Full time trader is day trader. Why because no swing trader or positional trader need not be the full time traders.
If you are full time (DAY trader) trader , you have access to LEVERAGE. You can trade 500% or 600% of your trading capital. For example , if your trading capital is Rs1-00Lakh, you can trade Equities worth 5 to 6 Lakhs, F&O is more leveraged . The bottom line is for full time trader is CAPITAL is not constraint . Mental fitness compatable to Full time trader is TOP priority, it is because it is not leveraged. You have to use what you have with you.
I Think i am confusing you. Iam not such good articulative. Very recently iam starting postings. Bear with me
Have happy trading, try to accumulate mental attitue urgently . so that you can use leveraged money to trade full time. Till that time dont venture in to full time.
Your MBA analogy was apt sir. But sad part is unlike MBA requiring hard study and CAT clearance first most of the people coming into trading have no relevant aptitude whatsoever. Pardon me for saying so but I feel that most of them are basically failures in their lives and think trading as a gateway of their salvation. What more they get encouraged by such statements like trading is no rocket science. Market can either go up or down all one has to do is to be riding on the right side, or trading is so easy even my 12 years old daughter or driver can do it profitably and other blah-blah. I guess these statements are delibrately circulated by the market sharks as to entice gullible to part with their hard earned money by being in the market 24/7. Believe me sir all the popular notions one hears or reads regarding trading on risk reward ratio or 1-2% risk per trade or this or that etc. are commonly agreed nonsense that leads to overtrading or revenge trading making the brokers and the biggies happier all the time. Trading is all about waiting patiently for the setup which may take a day a week or a month to complete. But when it does one does not think of risk reward or 2% etc nonsense. One simply enters and flows with the market. There is a forum member Nifty trader, the only one I have seen here on this forum who is doing just that. He makes entry based on his system put a SL and follow it with TSL till the end of the move. No khich-khich no jhik-jhik as to the concerns of hedging or where the market would be tomorrow or week from now or which TL or pattern it would follow. Believe me this gentleman would be multi millionaire soon if he keeps such discipline in his trading. Bye. Take care.

If a professional full time trader in commodities specially does not earn 50% and above it is waste to trade full time trading. If you are taking risk you deserve return. Ok i agree consistent %age cannot be defined but after gaining experience one can make money by using brain and tools available..By using RS 500000 one can make Rs 10000-30000 easily its my personal experience but you should dare to trade and stop-loss are also important.I use to trade 50-100 lots daily.3 lot at a time mostly, rs 5 and above per lot rs1500-3000 profit ,brokerage and other charger rs 180-210. Out of 20 such trade 10 -15 trade of profit, rest in stop-losses or small losses. During a month 2-3 days of losses too.SO its a experience which teach. When I started I am happy with Rs 100-500 daily now I reached a level where I can make easily rs 10000-20000 daily. For that I pay huge cost- lots of humiliation from over-smart stupid people, my wife divorced me when once I was about to bankrupt. But I continue to my goal. I sold my one small property and arrange money as no body is there to help. And now relaxed making good money but still missing my wife I love her very much. So nothing is impossible, you should keep faith on you and desire to learn.
Oh Dear... oh God... reach and explain what you have done now to your life partner and get her with you..God bless. and our well wishes are also with you.

What a humiliating post by Damani. But it is the fact. Consistently earning is such great thing and surely it takes its toll.
I myself undergone Cardiac problem and found having Blockage in Left artery the disease is CAD. I was in ICU for 3 days in KIMS hospital , Hyderabad(iam Andhraite) after stent is placed to clear the blockage.
The doctors told that the blockages occur due to BP, BP occur due to improper lifestyle, such as sitting lot many hours and not having exercise and always stressed . Yes it all happened with me. I used to feel the tension 24x7. When my position is open , when iam closed , always thinking about market.
I taken 3 months gap to market and read Mark douglas book trading in the Zone repeatedly. I learned invaluable lesson. That is ACCEPTING RISK. Yes iam trading small and feeling less stressful. My losses are severely reduced. Iam blessed with occasional profits and iam hopeful of consitently earning in 2013.
The bottom line lot of humiliation one needs to attain mastery . This is not capital related issue, it is purely psychological.
OK, i pray the God for rejoining of Damanis family.

I think there is no standard profits, it really varies but a good trader is some one who keeps his monthly profit on a POSITIVE, and can control their loss.

people who come to market after failure in their lives ?
Hello Megapixel, if you dont mind, i dare to contradict you. My point is , there are 80 to 90 % consistent losers in trading , ie in different formats . Very clearly, in Positional trading failure rate is low and intraday trading this failure rate is very high. Do you mean to say those all 80 to 90% people are failed in their lives . Is it looks convincing to you. How the society sustains and grows with 80 to 90% people who are failure. Certainly never. Trading is different game. It makes every one humble. Yes again iam stressing , it makes each and every one humble. There is no exception. Humble ness is not SELF SABOTAGE. Humble ness is a trait developed when negotiating uncertain , un known environment.
I may not explain , but the fact is above.
Wish you all the best in trading.