Help to choose internet plan

TFL

Hari....
A little correction in your latter part of post:

You have correctly mentioned it's Kbps (Kilo Bits per second) & not KBps (Kilo Bytes per second)

But, speed is always measured/mentioned in Kbps

Dial-up speed used to have 56Kbps
BSNL's broadband's speed mentioned is 2Mbps = 2048Kbps

16384 Kbps :eek: is still not offered by any ISP in India for non-commercial purpose...
Max, I have come across is Reliance's 10Mbps plan ie 10240 Kbps speed
Sorry for the mistake...
And thanks for the correction sunil.

Haribird.

TFL

Hari....
A little correction in your latter part of post:

You have correctly mentioned it's Kbps (Kilo Bits per second) & not KBps (Kilo Bytes per second)

But, speed is always measured/mentioned in Kbps

Dial-up speed used to have 56Kbps
BSNL's broadband's speed mentioned is 2Mbps = 2048Kbps

16384 Kbps :eek: is still not offered by any ISP in India for non-commercial purpose...
Max, I have come across is Reliance's 10Mbps plan ie 10240 Kbps speed
Corrected version....

Its Kbps not KBPS the two are different.
(b = bit, B = Byte, 8b = 1B)

In ordinary PCMCIA/USB net connections (BSNL/RELIANCE/AIRTEL/IDEA/ are CDMA 1 x network, BSNL's EVDO is CDMA 2 x network) maximum you will get in CDMA1 is 144Kbps means its only 18 KBPS.

Remember our old dial-up was having 56 KB, BSNLs broadband 2Mb means 2048 Kbps or 256KB.

But BSNLs new EVDO(CDMA2 provides) provides very higher bandwidth than these.

Haribird.

Sunil

Hi,

My net connection is up for renewal. Jelp me to select the best plan for my needs.

How many GB/MB do we consume in one trading day, inclusive of data feed, trading platform etc suppose the net is on for 6-8 hrs/day on all working days.

That would help me decide between the unlimited and the volume based plans.

What do u guys suggest?
Thats my dilema unlimited plans have limited speed and volume based plans have limited download limits. Hence my question how much approx do we consume/trading day?
Excluding data feed, if I count trading platform's requirements, auto-refresh of browser having TJ threads, yah00 charts with SCOs, etc, required 200MB per day.
200MB * 20 days = 4000 MB

Rest depends on your leisure time hobbies - if u r an avid downloader of various media files, then it will add to your monthly requirement.

I recently shifted from a 4Mbps limited data (7.5GB) plan to 1Mbps Unlimited data plan...

Monthly Subscription Rates for UNLIMITED plans by various ISPs in Bombay:

Code:
[B][U]ISP              512 Kbps         1024 Kbps[/U][/B]
Reliance         1400/-             2200/-
Airtel           1500/-             2220/-
MTNL             1600/-             4000/-
Tata             1850/-             3600/-
Sify               NA                NA
You Tele         1300/-              NA
S. Tax extra, as applicable....
Initial installation charges are variable (one-time)
Some take rent for instument...
Reliance gives it for free, along with a telephone too (plan based)

Capricorn

Corrected version....

Its Kbps not KBPS the two are different.
(b = bit, B = Byte, 8b = 1B)

In ordinary PCMCIA/USB net connections (BSNL/RELIANCE/AIRTEL/IDEA/ are CDMA 1 x network, BSNL's EVDO is CDMA 2 x network) maximum you will get in CDMA1 is 144Kbps means its only 18 KBPS.

Remember our old dial-up was having 56 KB, BSNLs broadband 2Mb means 2048 Kbps or 256KB.

But BSNLs new EVDO(CDMA2 provides) provides very higher bandwidth than these.

Haribird.
The speed of 70-110 I have mentioned earlier are K bytes ps. I am quite sure about that. I have tested the speed at the MTNL site.

TFL

The speed of 70-110 I have mentioned earlier are K bytes ps. I am quite sure about that. I have tested the speed at the MTNL site.
Then which is the connection type? What technology? CDMA1 ? CDMA2? or ??

Haribird

TFL

I have no idea whatso ever but here is the link.http://www. t atain dicom. com/t-perso nal-inte rnet-plu g2su rf.aspx
I checked the link and found 153.6 Kbps (bits not bytes) as maximum speed.
If you are seeing a different thing provide me the correct link or add an image of the page.

Haribird.

Capricorn

As I 've said earlier I don't know much about the tech jargon but when I am downloading I get a transfer rate of between 12 -18 Kb/sec depending on a good connection. So is that good for a USB. What do u think?

columbus

Excluding data feed, if I count trading platform's requirements, auto-refresh of browser having TJ threads, yah00 charts with SCOs, etc, required 200MB per day.
200MB * 20 days = 4000 MB

Rest depends on your leisure time hobbies - if u r an avid downloader of various media files, then it will add to your monthly requirement.

I recently shifted from a 4Mbps limited data (7.5GB) plan to 1Mbps Unlimited data plan...

Monthly Subscription Rates for UNLIMITED plans by various ISPs in Bombay:

Code:
[B][U]ISP              512 Kbps         1024 Kbps[/U][/B]
Reliance         1400/-             2200/-
Airtel           1500/-             2220/-
MTNL             1600/-             4000/-
Tata             1850/-             3600/-
Sify               NA                NA
You Tele         1300/-              NA
S. Tax extra, as applicable....
Initial installation charges are variable (one-time)
Some take rent for instument...
Reliance gives it for free, along with a telephone too (plan based)
For trading purposes it is ALWAYS better to take UNLIMITED plans.
I think UN450 (256kbps) of YOU telecom is sufficient (450/-).At present
I am using 90kbps of YOU telecom but plans to shift to other higher
plans.

TFL

As I 've said earlier I don't know much about the tech jargon but when I am downloading I get a transfer rate of between 12 -18 Kb/sec depending on a good connection. So is that good for a USB. What do u think?
ha... now you reversed and agreeing with me...:)
First you said you are getting 70Kilo Bytes...now 18 Kilo bits !!!

I know you meant it 18 KB (144Kb) and not 18Kb. I said the same thing that's the max. speed one gets from a USB (CDMA1) connection. The same speed of Reliance Datacard.

Its not reliable to use at all time...but just ok! Many times I used to trade wit the same.

Haribird.