Have You Got A Trading Addiction?

Do you regularly exceed your daily limit on number of trades?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

soft_trader

This is a real problem and I suffered from this for years. But This is how I controlled myself from over trading: I used to shut down the computer after a fixed number of trader, and day after day I convinced my mind not to turn on my computer before market closing time. Now after months of practise I have trained my mind not to take any more trade even if I am sitting in front of the terminal once the daily limit is reached. Now my impulse to always remain in a trade is controlled.

GENIETRADE

90% of day traders are gamblers and most of them are addicted. I am no exception. I know how to make money in trading but I am not able to protect earned profits because of overtrading or overstaying in the trade. I become reckless especially when i am sitting on profit. In the process, I loose earned profits and some more. Now I adopted a rigid rule to overcome this problem. I make only one trade per day. Now, I become very patient in my trade especially in the selection of trade. Its like single use VAJRAYUDH. I donot want to waste the power of this weapon by committing on silly trades. I know now it is once or none. Each day....either I kill the trade or the trade kills me but only one of them happens each day. :D

I would say that i was addicted in the start. Then, i started realizing that addiction and overtrading will harm me. I tried to control my trading behaviour. This was the best decision I ever made in the trading career. You also need to control yourself if you are addicted to trading.

i got addicted when i first started, i was constantly looking at charts, what happened, why is it going up or down, and used to get frustated within minutes. but then i talked to my friend about this, he helped me out. now i can say that i am not addicted, i am much more patient now.

Although online trading has made it easy to trade for people,but it has made it easier to get addicted to it. It is easy to make money just by sitting on your bed and trade. Someone who spend 12 hours or more in front of the screen probably has a problem. It's okay to become an avid market watcher but if it the only focus of your life then its an addiction. So trading is an addiction if you aren’t careful,if your need to trade starts to ruin your life and relationships then its time to keep a check on yourself.

I had a trading addiction at the beginning. I wanted to invest as much money as possible in order to earn millions as soon as possible.
I realized that I was addicted when I had a couple of dollars left until the end of the month. but there was no money in the account.
Then I switched all my excitement to a demo account. There already traded and lost as much as possible. Fortunately, I can trade on a live account now. I try to completely get rid of the excitement.

Mishra_86

I am also a no exception. Initially when I started trading and saw some profits consecutively I began to over trade irrespective of profit and loss. There used to be just one thing which went on my mind that is trading. Even after the trading hours, I used to dream about buying and selling of stocks and felt as if something is missing. I got so addicted that I even lost my sleep because of losses I was getting while trading.

doss186

Please (edit:read) technical analysis is fallacy thread in forex factory and attain your trading nirvana.
Hi Romeo I know you are very good at coding. If your system can turn 2-3% a month, try to apply the same on small timeframe. That may give you a success rate of 2-3% a week or even in a single day. I advise you to build a trading strategy based on previous day mid point. This point is very significant point and I call this as equilibrium point. Buy if the price is trading above that and short if the price is trading below that. You are still young and i’m Sure you will reach your 100 crore dream within few years. Market bless you.