Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

Thanks Mike bro
I tried Alphavantage sometime back, didnt work so left
Now, when you posted on it, I thought to give a try again and got the result but not satisfied.

The cons are:
- one scrip at a time, may give a try sometime with a JUGAAD to add multiple scrips at a time.
- time stamp not as per IST, so need editing
- max 100 rows of data at a time (so 5 min data will do but not 1 min data)

need to spend more time, to work on it, but wont be useful unless these cons are solved. :DD

-
Thanks Mike bro
I tried Alphavantage sometime back, didnt work so left
Now, when you posted on it, I thought to give a try again and got the result but not satisfied.

The cons are:
- one scrip at a time, may give a try sometime with a JUGAAD to add multiple scrips at a time.

need to spend more time, to work on it, but wont be useful unless these cons are solved. :DD
hmm
got 5 days 1 min data :DD

rmike

The cons are:
-hmm
got 5 days 1 min data :DD
Glad to see that at least someone was inspired enough to take the trouble to make the effort! Always pays in the long run!!!

So, you did manage to discover the difference between a 'Compact' and a 'Full' api query hmm..!!! ;)
Hmmm ..... hopefully ought to be doable without breaking out into too much of a sweat ... give it a go!!!

Just in case if you're not able to swing it, then I, maybe, will try and endeavor to help out (ahem ... hopefully) by next weekend!!! :)

Lets See!!!

Cheerio!!!

hmmm
- changing time stamp wont be a big issue, though doing it manually, will be time consuming. I already did it, though on small scale.
- I tried to add multiple scrips, but did not get result

Actually, I do not know even abc of coding etc.
Though I am from Science background, but at that very time there was no Computer education etc, so do not know even the very basics. Thats the main problem.
And now its too late to learn something very new (moreover there is no such compulsion, that one who doesnt know coding etc, cannot trade in stock market, (though coding knowledge helps a lot)

rmike

Yes, it pays for today's trader to be tech savvy!!!

Unlike olden days, today's trader not only needs to be thoroughly conversant with the broker platform but also with the chosen TA platform to implement and check out ideas. Alongwith all this he/ she would also benefit by developing a good enough understanding regarding data dynamics including latency, timestamping, feeding & charting so as to get an accurate enough snapshot of the markets to base decisions upon.

Other aspects like analysis (technical, fundamental or 'otherwise') and understanding of the nuts n bolts of actual trading are inherent to the game!!!

Its not always too late to learn new things. But it requires a fair amount of effort and time! The main problem is time - there's never enough of it!!! :) Its the most precious resource in modern times!!!

All learning is by doing. I learnt the basics of coding from attempting to implement ideas in Amibroker. Despite there being no dearth of software professionals its very rare to find one with a trader's mindset (one has to only look at the pathetic excuses masquerading as 'platforms' by these discount brokers - in any other developed market(s) these bozos would've been laughed right out of the fray!!!). After considerable thought upon how exactly a utility (datafeed, order placement etc) ought to be, from a trader's point of view - finally decided to attempt to do something about it myself, mainly borne out of self need!!! :) Hence the (very rudimentary) steps towards that purpose - age no bar :) its simply a choice.

Its not necessary for everyone to have to make that choice, but these days, being sufficiently proficient in your chosen platform(s) is an inescapable necessity if you really want to make it in the long run AND , yes, a basic understanding of coding premise really helps

Regards,

Last edited:
it is minimum or maximum for 5 days
can you please outline your method of downloading 1 min data from Yahoo.

rmike

Yahoo gives 1 min data for a maximum of 7 days
The minimum is as per requirement :), Ordinarily, one day

@achalmeena has already posted a utility for the same ..... but its somewhat 'limiting' in its present form.
I haven't yet checked out the data accuracy from Yahoo for myself, but if Joy has happened to implement an IEOD backfill from that source - then its good enough for me!!!

Lemme see if I can go about conjuring up a basic downloader for 'quick backfills' - if the community here finds it to be helpful for their purposes

As they say ....... watch this space :)

Hi @achalmeena

Quite nice! Checked this out ....... some observations

The data from your utility is presently somewhat 'unfinished' :)

What you need to do is to insert the following logic in your code

If the third numeral after the decimal in O,H,L,C is 9, then the data value is simply upto the first numeral after the decimal!

AND

If the third numeral after the decimal in O,H,L,C is 0, then the data value is simply upto the second numeral after the decimal!

ALSO, you may like to weed out duplicate data entries

AND, batch processing from a text file would be helpful

Hope that all this makes sense :)

Cheerio!!!

thanks for suggestions. I will incorporate your suggestions.
In the meanwhile , I have made batch download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u9Wd-S8pqHn6NQ5V7Ft49qPcnHQt3hEB/view

In case anyone require source code , feel free to contact me. Source code is in VB6