Google finance intraday live data into Exel sheet

murthymsr

Hi all,

I want to get intraday live quote data of NSE stocks/Indices into excel sheet from GOOGLE Finance (NOT Yahoo finance). My stock symbols are in one column and I want to get the last traded price & PrevClose or %Change into the next columns.

Can somebody help me to achieve this with preferably an example?

Thanks in advance.

murthymsr

Last edited:
HI

why to get live data in exel form from google or yahoo or esignal or roguters?:annoyed:googel ,yahoo ,esignal ,routes is still secondary data sourse.best take free live excel data from primary data direct NSE software NEAT u can also get many data live in excel like ATR AND opeintestdata. in NEAT..open one trading accout to those broker who gives NEAT trading termianl to all clint.(neat is easily abailbale now ).
throgugh google u can download last 15 days intrday data..in csv (yahoo gives only only 5 days) but as far as i know google sourse is not live

now if u want to expert thise live data in ami or ms then solution is also abaliable in market use neatplugin for ami

jdm

Hi all,

I want to get intraday live quote data of NSE stocks/Indices into excel sheet from GOOGLE Finance (NOT Yahoo finance). My stock symbols are in one column and I want to get the last traded price & PrevClose or %Change into the next columns.

Can somebody help me to achieve this with preferably an example?

Thanks in advance.

murthymsr
murthy,
you can get the google quotes in google spreadsheet very easily. heres a sample

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AobjP3YUJDfWcl9UZUdxNTg4b1hiaGRHRG5PeDAwZ0E&hl=en

this will get the quotes for google

last
=googlefinance("goog","price")

% change
=googlefinance("goog","Changepct")

prev close
=googlefinance("goog","closeyest")

murthymsr

murthy,
you can get the google quotes in google spreadsheet very easily.
Thanks jdm, for your reply, which is very informative and simple.

I was looking out for a method to get the data into an excel sheet on my hard disk, and NOT the google spread sheet.

Probably some excel Add-In may be required to achieve this functionality. Something like SMF (StockMarketFunctions) Add-In, which gets a lot of info from very many sources including Google, but not the stock quotes.

Regards.

murthymsr

shanki99

murthy,
you can get the google quotes in google spreadsheet very easily. heres a sample

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AobjP3YUJDfWcl9UZUdxNTg4b1hiaGRHRG5PeDAwZ0E&hl=en

this will get the quotes for google

last
=googlefinance("goog","price")

% change
=googlefinance("goog","Changepct")

prev close
=googlefinance("goog","closeyest")

jdm

I use a simple DDE to import RT data from excel to Amibroker. Can the same concept be used to import data from google spreadsheets??

Last edited:

sub2501

Is it possible to download intraday quotes from NSEINDIA instead of yahoo or google.
thanks subha