Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

Hello traderniftybull,

Yes, that is correct, with i=60&p=15d we get 1min. data for last 15 trading days.
But the difficult part is importing it to Amibroker or other similar charting utility.

This is where I am stuck as of now.
I have the new URL but utility Data Downloader is not useful/functional.

I am unskilled to make changes / amend the utility Data Downloader and hence I once again request
a noble soul to take this task on herself/himself and share the functional utility Data Downloader for
the benefit of all.

ArthaChitra - as of now it does not support download of data, but the same is under consideration by the
support team as communicated to me.

BRgds,
CArnot
[email protected]
This data (the outcome) can be changed into ami format as txt or csv, but requires/involves many steps, conversion, deletion etc etc. (needs lot of time)

One other method is to get data table from NestTrader for NIFTY and BANKNIFTY for last 2/3 or few days and make necessary corrections. Not yet done but will do it tomorrow, if didnt get a solution for indices data.

My main concern is to get 1 min IEOD data for NIFTY and BANKNIFTY.

I believe I have found the solution to the problem of Google Finance not downloading intraday prices: the domain name (the part at the beginning of the URL) has changed.

It seems Google is now serving data from finance.google.com and not www.google.com. If you use the www domain, you are redirected to finance.google.com, BUT in the process they somehow drop the &i query string parameter that determines the time interval. This defaults you 86400, which gets you daily data only.

So to get 2 days of 1-minute data for Apple, instead of

https://www.google.com/finance/getprices?p=2d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=AAPL

do this instead:

https://finance.google.com/finance/getprices?p=2d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=AAPL

Hope this helps :)

Bhai, this issue has already been sorted out (if you see some of previous posts) not only for 1 or 2 days, but for 15 days data, But you cannot feed this sort of data into amibroker, without editing (a lot of editing is required)
The issue left is to do necessary changes so as to configure Data Downloader, to work

onequorauser

In order to get data in to amibroker directly , just change the existing symbol in the initial upload to NSE:NIFTY and so on. once that is done, you can use google downloader to directly upload the data into symbols. This may be applicable only if you have all the previous data in csv format. I dont think you can change anything manually in amibroker database

carnot11

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the input. Appreciate if you will show - how to download data from google URL and import it to Amibroker with ease and speed using google downloader and excel - as mentioned in your posts.

I need to download data for 20 scripts (index and stocks) from google finance website and upload / import into Amibroker, as a minimum.

Name difference (of script like NIFTY and NSE:NIFTY) can be easily sorted out in Amibroker.

BRgds,
CArnot

I believe I have found the solution to the problem of Google Finance not downloading intraday prices: the domain name (the part at the beginning of the URL) has changed.

It seems Google is now serving data from finance.google.com and not www.google.com. If you use the www domain, you are redirected to finance.google.com, BUT in the process they somehow drop the &i query string parameter that determines the time interval. This defaults you 86400, which gets you daily data only.

So to get 2 days of 1-minute data for Apple, instead of

https://www.google.com/finance/getprices?p=2d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=AAPL

do this instead:

https://finance.google.com/finance/getprices?p=2d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=AAPL

Hope this helps :)
In order to get data in to amibroker directly , just change the existing symbol in the initial upload to NSE:NIFTY and so on. once that is done, you can use google downloader to directly upload the data into symbols. This may be applicable only if you have all the previous data in csv format. I dont think you can change anything manually in amibroker database
Just to add here, you can easily do this in excel if you have the data at your disposal. Its a question of concatenating the existing symbols with NSE: and importing all the data

Is code for the tool, Data Downloader readily available for editing
IMO, it is not an open source code.
Or is it ?

onequorauser

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the input. Appreciate if you will show - how to download data from google URL and import it to Amibroker with ease and speed using google downloader and excel - as mentioned in your posts.

I need to download data for 20 scripts (index and stocks) from google finance website and upload / import into Amibroker, as a minimum.

Name difference (of script like NIFTY and NSE:NIFTY) can be easily sorted out in Amibroker.

BRgds,
CArnot
As I said, dont download it manually, let amiquote do it for you. If you keep the symbols in amiquote same as that in google, it will update it automatically