Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

Joy da has stopped supporting data downloader, but he has confirmed that google has changed URL, if someone can find new URL, I can get Excel Utility made to fetch Intraday data.
Joy da has stopped supporting data downloader, since a long time back. So, it stopped working because of Google and not because Joy da stopping support. Though Joy da would have made necessary changes, if he would have still supported it. But thats a different issue.

carnot11

Hello All,

Good day.

I too am effected by the change in URL of google finance, like many others who are frequently visiting this very useful website "Traderji.com". Both Data Downloader and Amiquote (3.12) are not working because of the change in URL by google finance.

The new utility (Arthachitra) developed by Mr. Joy (owner of Volume Digger / Data Downloader) was facing problems because of this sudden change by google finance in their URL.

However, the latest Amiquote (3.25) this problem has been solved by the owner - using the new URL of google finance.
Even Mr. Joy has solved the problem faced by their utility (Arthachitra) by using the new URL.

However my request to amend Data Downloader with the new URL has been rejected by Mr. Joy (Owner of Data Downloade / Volume Digger) now called as support team for Arthachitra.

Arthachitra is very good and every one should try it out at least once. ( I have no alliance with Arthachitra and I recommend only for the benefit of the trading community.)

The change by google is very minor, instead of google.com it is now using finance.google.com.

If some noble soul at Traderji.com should use the below information and amend Data Downloader and share it with all for the benefit of the Indian Trading community, it will truly be appreciated by all those effected by the sudden change carried out by google finance.

Below is the new URL used by Google finance - it gives 60 sec (1min) data for the last 2 trading days -

BRgds,
CArnot

Last edited by a moderator:

vijkris

Learner and Follower

carnot11

Hello traderniftybull,

Yes, that is correct, with i=60&p=15d we get 1min. data for last 15 trading days.
But the difficult part is importing it to Amibroker or other similar charting utility.

This is where I am stuck as of now.
I have the new URL but utility Data Downloader is not useful/functional.

I am unskilled to make changes / amend the utility Data Downloader and hence I once again request
a noble soul to take this task on herself/himself and share the functional utility Data Downloader for
the benefit of all.

ArthaChitra - as of now it does not support download of data, but the same is under consideration by the
support team as communicated to me.

BRgds,
CArnot
[email protected]

Last edited:
ArthChitra has order firing facility also I think.. Looks sophisticated.. don knw exactly what it is... scanner bhi hai lagta.. didn see it in detail...
Yes, it seems very sophisticated, so didnt try.
Sophisticated cheejein mujhe jara cum pasand aati hain, I want and like simple things. :D