General Trading Chat

checkmate7

How to know what is the upper or lower circuit in a stock???

checkmate7

DOW

Moving north to 23500,
if able to reach then 23555 next :D

If unable to reach even 23488/90 then
then me to wait for sometime :hilarious:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Such days remind us that position sizing in relation to our capital is very important...we ,inorder to earn larger returns on our capital sometime tend to go for "sure thing" and MM takes a back seat. Such price shocks though rare, they are not first time and the last time happening...they do happen once in every 2 years and that is why the MM is important so that such price shocks do not make a large dent in our capital.

Todays move was triggered due to Govt's recapitalisation of public sector bank and as the NBFCs and Private banks were cashing in on the inability of public sector banks to lend as they were bogged down by NPA and liquidity ratio concerns. So it is very natural for investors/mutual funds to book profits in NBFCs and private banks and take exposure in public sector banks.This process will not be over in next 2-3 days but will continue for next 1-2 quarters.Mutual funds are underweight on public sector banks.

So though the earnings have not improved yet but now public sector banks have much needed shot in the arm and if the corporate earnings improve over next 2 quarters, that is a recipie for a next leg of the bull market.

Smart_trade
Sir, how is your experience with TD camouflage?

Vivek

Sir, how is your experience with TD camouflage?

Vivek
I have done back tests and also traded many of the small methods/ indicators by DeMark such as TD Camouflage,TD Rock,TD Meghan,TD Double TD points,TD point reversal,TDClop,TDClopwin etc .I find that they can be used as entry methods but they are not standalone trading systems..

TD Camouflage has a good success rate....best success rate is for TD Point Reversal and TD Double TD Point.One can design a trading system around these indicators by adding trend,entry,stoploss,profit taking etc .But that needs lots of work.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

I have done back tests and also traded many of the small methods/ indicators by DeMark such as TD Camouflage,TD Rock,TD Meghan,TD Double TD points,TD point reversal,TDClop,TDClopwin etc .I find that they can be used as entry methods but they are not standalone trading systems..

TD Camouflage has a good success rate....best success rate is for TD Point Reversal and TD Double TD Point.One can design a trading system around these indicators by adding trend,entry,stoploss,profit taking etc .But that needs lots of work.

Smart_trade
And sir, time frame should be daily up, or even lower tf can be considered?

Vivek

And sir, time frame should be daily up, or even lower tf can be considered?

Vivek
They work in any timeframe....the best is TD Double TD Point traded in the direction of the trend....it works on daily and also on 3 min or 5 min timeframes....the move we will capture with 3 min chart will be smaller than that by hourly timeframe....try that on various timeframes...

ST

vivektrader

They work in any timeframe....the best is TD Double TD Point traded in the direction of the trend....it works on daily and also on 3 min or 5 min timeframes....the move we will capture with 3 min chart will be smaller than that by hourly timeframe....try that on various timeframes...

ST
Sir,
As far as sequential and combo on daily are concerned, after adding the inputs of trade management from you, now it's the only system I am trading for swing (in stocks), for last almost 6months, I am happy to report excellent results with great risk to reward ratio, move capture anywhere between 3-12%. No dearth of signals too.
Happy happy.
Gratitude.

Vivek